PPI claims post IVA completion

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
sarah938
by sarah938 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:34 pm
Hi. I completed my IVA over 3 years ago. I claimed PPI from a Lloyd’s during this time which went into my IVA. I have now realised I had PPI on one of my loans which I am currently claiming. I have been told in order to receive payment I need to contact my IVA company and get a letter of no interest. I have emailed them and they confirmed they will send this out in the post. Is this correct? As far as I have read about the Wright vs Green case any further money will go to the IVA despite it being completed (this was not paid off in full either). I also wanted to check how PPI is calculated ifnit was in a IVA at the time? I’m guessing it won’t be a lot of money. Think I was paying about £260 a month for about 12 months before it was put into a IVA. Hope you can help! Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:25 pm
The PPI belongs to the IVA Trust, even in a closed arrangement. However, some IP's are simply not interested and some will only deal with it if the sum is large enough to justify the cost of digging out the old records and re-contacting the creditors, with all the hassle that entails. Of course a few would sell their grandmother for tuppence !! But, if they declare that they have no interest, then the money is yours --- but --- GET IT IN WRITING (Or keep a copy).
sarah938
by sarah938 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Thank you for your reply.

Yeah I was a little bit shocked that they emailed to say they have posted the letter today so fingers crossed it arrives. Surprised they didn’t ask for me to provide any PPI details as I know a friend couldn’t get their completion certificate unless they signed someone to give permission for the IVA company to claim PPI. Obviously not complaining just hoping for the best :D
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:51 pm
sarah938 wrote:
Thank you for your reply.

Yeah I was a little bit shocked that they emailed to say they have posted the letter today so fingers crossed it arrives. Surprised they didn’t ask for me to provide any PPI details as I know a friend couldn’t get their completion certificate unless they signed someone to give permission for the IVA company to claim PPI. Obviously not complaining just hoping for the best :D

Some firms use a Deed of Assignment as a "belt and braces" job, more so before the recent court ruling.
Jonathansmith
by Jonathansmith » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:50 am
Hey I am new to this forum. I am glad to be a part of it.
Last edited by kallis3 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”