PPI entitlement

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Jilld7276

Post by Jilld7276 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:52 pm
My Iva was completed in 2016 and I received the completion certificate.. I paid back 100 pence in the poind. I’m having difficulty in understanding the final report it looks as though I paid the full debt back. Dividend distributed is less by 1,959. 72 then what I paid back.
I have Received a letter from a bank saying I have nearly 2000 ppi but they are waiting for aperture to say if they have it or I do? Can anyone help and tell. Me if I am entitled please

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:41 pm
You will only be entitled to the refund if the payments you made to the IVA covered the full original debt, plus fees and then, possible statutory interest, if this element wasn't excluded in your original proposal. Alternatively Aperture could just decide that it is uneconomical to re-open old files and let you keep the whole refund (although they, as a firm, do not tend to take this tack).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
Visit my blog here : http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:01 pm
Fingers crossed Aperture say its yours ..having paid 100p in £ back on your iva I would hope they would allow you to retain it
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”