PPI

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

PPI

kay254
by kay254 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:41 am
I have applied for refund of ppi, and have been given a settlement figure . Three of the policies are in joint names with my ex husband which he is entitled to 50%. However one policy is just in my name, my ex says he is entitled to half because we had a joint bank account . Is this correct.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:03 am
kay254 wrote:
I have applied for refund of ppi, and have been given a settlement figure . Three of the policies are in joint names with my ex husband which he is entitled to 50%. However one policy is just in my name, my ex says he is entitled to half because we had a joint bank account . Is this correct.

The policy might be in your name, but what was it taken out to protect? And, who paid the premiums ? If it was to protect a joint loan and was paid for by both of you, then 50/50. If it was taken out to protect a loan in your name only, and you paid the premiums, then it is all yours.

If you are in an IVA you will not be getting the proceeds in any case.
kay254
by kay254 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:19 am
Ok thank you ! I am not in IVA.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:22 pm
I take it your ex is just trying to get the biggest payout from the PPI recovery as he can?
You would need to work this out with him and maybe have a word at the CAB as the advice we give has no basis of fact because we do not have all the information that it would require and would be intrusive for you to post on an open forum.
kay254
by kay254 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:32 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
I take it your ex is just trying to get the biggest payout from the PPI recovery as he can?
You would need to work this out with him and maybe have a word at the CAB as the advice we give has no basis of fact because we do not have all the information that it would require and would be intrusive for you to post on an open forum.

Ok thank you it isn’t for a lot of money to be honest so will prob just give it him to avoid the hassle .
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”