PPI issue

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

danny120

Post by danny120 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 am
I have received confirmation from Barclays that I am due a PPI claim of £4,250. But they tell me in the letter that it will be paid to my IVA company.
I telephoned Barclays who told me they had received a claim from Aperture (formerly Grant Thornton)

I did have an IVA with Grant Thornton but it was a lump sum IVA that was settled in full 8 years ago and I received the final completion certificate.

How can they then claim this PPI payment for an IVA settled over 8 years ago.

What can I do. I try telephoning Apertture but they are not taking calls. I can't email them as I do not have a live case.

How can I get the cheque back and reissued in my name

Please help.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:46 pm
Unfortunately the refund is due to your former creditors under the trust created by the old IVA, as has recently been confirmed in the courts. This is because the refund, although not known about at the time, existed during the IVA and, had it been known about then, would have been paid in to the arrangement.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

WallE

Post by WallE » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:59 pm
Use the contact form on their website but provide your name, postcode and DOB so they can find your case if you don't know your old reference number.

Or use the ivacustomerservices@aperture.uk.com email address and do the same.

Unless your IVA paid 100p/£ ie 100% back to your creditors the PPI will be due in, like Foggy says.

I would email them and at least see how much if left to go to your creditors etc, but I would bear in mind that the claims management company if you used one -and- Aperture will take fees on the amount - your creditors won't get much.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”