PPI Payment After IVA Closed - DFD / Aperture

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by LottieLouLou » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:49 pm
I had a IVA with DFD which ended in May 2015. I have the certificate to confirm this. Whilst in the IVA I obeyed all correspondence from them including searches/claims for PPI which they received my PPI payment from Lloyds.
1) Barclays have just informed me that they owe me £5500 and as it showed I was in an IVA they have sent the cheque to Aperture, & if this is incorrect I’m to contact Aperture, which I did.
2) This is how I found out that DFD is no longer! So I phoned Aperture to see if I’m entitled to this money and all they said was as it was a few years ago since my IVA was closed I’m in their ‘archive’ system and nobody could really help me! Should I have been notified that DFD has closed and that my personal details have been given to another company called Aperture? Data protection?
I have tried emailing Aperture and still nothing!

I’m really not sure where to go from here as every time I try and phone Aperture I get pushed from pillar to post and then a dead end!

Really appreciate your advice. TIA.
Forum Expert
by Foggy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:17 pm
On another post Aperture were quoted as saying that they only took over active cases and archived cases were not available to them. I would say that the refund is yours as there is no way, now, of distributing it to the former creditors. If Aperture do not return the cheque to you or back to Barclays for re-issue to you I would refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman -- althugh they do not deal with IVA's they do deal with PPI refunds.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”