PPI refund

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
steve739
by steve739 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:12 pm
Hi, my IVA finished in April 2018 and I have just found out that I have been successful in a PPI claim, approx. £17000 from when I was married, but the bank are going to send the cheque to the IVA company.

My question is:

As it is ended can the IVA company keep this refund?
Additionally this PPI claim my ex wife is entitled to half, as there were from loans when we were married, therefore can she claim against the IVA company if they keep the refund?

Many Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:49 pm
steve739 wrote:
Hi, my IVA finished in April 2018 and I have just found out that I have been successful in a PPI claim, approx. £17000 from when I was married, but the bank are going to send the cheque to the IVA company.

My question is:

As it is ended can the IVA company keep this refund?
Additionally this PPI claim my ex wife is entitled to half, as there were from loans when we were married, therefore can she claim against the IVA company if they keep the refund?

Many Thanks

PPI refunds belong to your former creditors, as recently confirmed by the courts, even after the IVA has concluded. If the loans were joint then your ex wife would be entitled to half of the PPI -- she would also still be responsible for repaying the loans.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”