Problems with RBS

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
vee975
by vee975 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:01 pm
Hi
I'm having a battle with RBS. I had 2 accounts with them in the past. 1 personal loan and 1 current account. I have given them all information : current and previous addresses my date of birth the last 4 digits of both the accounts when they both were opened. They keep sending the same forms for information so in the end I rang them today and they said they need more information I ask such as they just said more. With the details they have my name as come up but nothing else. I still get letters from them although I'm not with them. I just don't know what else to do ????
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:05 pm
Are you in an IVA?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:19 pm
Is this in respect of a PPI claim you are trying to make ? Are you in an IVA, or have been ? If so, it is unlikely that you will see any refund as RBS will offset it against the debt, or will pay it to your IP. You could try taking this up with the Financial Ombudsman, who would not be interested in the IVA aspect, but has jurisdiction over PPI matters.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:54 pm
Can you explain what you are trying to achieve with the Bank?

What is it you want us to advise you on?
vee975
by vee975 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:04 pm
No im not in an iva. I've had no problem with other companies when it comes to PPI, just rbs they just keep asking for more information. I've given them everything they need but apparently it's not enough ???
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:14 pm
vee975 wrote:
No im not in an iva. I've had no problem with other companies when it comes to PPI, just rbs they just keep asking for more information. I've given them everything they need but apparently it's not enough ???

You need to address this with the ombudsman. RBS are notorious for avoiding their responsibilities regarding PPI refunds.
vee975
by vee975 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:21 pm
Foggy wrote:
vee975 wrote:

You need to address this with the ombudsman. RBS are notorious for avoiding their responsibilities regarding PPI refunds.

Thank you for that thought I was going mad. Yes I have contacted ombudsman so hopefully with them I will get some positive news. Thank you
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”