Proposal

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Jessicamj
by Jessicamj » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:06 pm
So all bank statements sent in eith payslips, creditor statements etc etc had email today saying my my iva proposal is being prepared and will contact me shortly to go through it with me.

This is a good thing right?!? I have a chance of being accepted...
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:14 pm
The confirmation is just to let you know that all the documents have been received. They will be looked over and a proposal drafted, the IP will then make the decision as to the viability of the proposal, you will get a copy which you have to sign to agree to. This is the stage where you really have to read the proposal, there maybe 'stuff' that wasn't agreed or something you have a concern over that isn't addresses in the proposal. Even if you have to go back and forth with your IP a few times.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:51 pm
As Merlin underlines ... when you get the proposal read it thoroughly, have a cuppa, and read it again ... repeat as required. If there is anything you don't understand, ask!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:13 pm
Read it properly before signing anything.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:52 pm
I forgot to add, this isn't the time to panic and just sign it to get the ball rolling. Be calm about it, you have made steps to clear your debts. Time is not a stumbling block, accuracy of the proposal is your key concern. Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! Good luck.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:12 pm
If you have any worries then contact your IP or ask on here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”