Quicker way to get a mortgage?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
  • 1
  • 2
26 posts Page 2 of 2
User avatar
susie451
Posts: 9
by susie451 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:46 pm
If your in a joint debt and one person isn’t paying and the other one is you carry on paying which isn’t right in my eyes as he should at least pay his share, I wouldn’t even be in this mess if it wasn’t for him as everything else was In hand, they send me statements but it doesn’t make sense what so ever it doesn’t tell me who my creditors are or what I’m paying who as I’d be interested to know tbh
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 27729
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:15 pm
susie451 wrote:
If your in a joint debt and one person isn’t paying and the other one is you carry on paying which isn’t right in my eyes as he should at least pay his share, I wouldn’t even be in this mess if it wasn’t for him as everything else was In hand, they send me statements but it doesn’t make sense what so ever it doesn’t tell me who my creditors are or what I’m paying who as I’d be interested to know tbh


That information should all be in your proposal and chairman's report.
User avatar
susie451
Posts: 9
by susie451 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:47 pm
Foggy wrote:
susie451 wrote:
If your in a joint debt and one person isn’t paying and the other one is you carry on paying which isn’t right in my eyes as he should at least pay his share, I wouldn’t even be in this mess if it wasn’t for him as everything else was In hand, they send me statements but it doesn’t make sense what so ever it doesn’t tell me who my creditors are or what I’m paying who as I’d be interested to know tbh


That information should all be in your proposal and chairman's report.


No proposal or chairman’s report? I don’t even know what that is?
User avatar
abbiesmum2003
Posts: 764
by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:50 pm
Exactly Foggy.
I dont think I found out what we paid to each until the end! lol!
Susie do you have the chairmans report and proposal which should detail what you owed to who and what your income/expenditure is?
There seems to be a huge hole in what you know about this legally binding agreement.
The statement you get are they from the IVA company or are they from the creditors?
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 27729
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:59 pm
susie451 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
susie451 wrote:
If your in a joint debt and one person isn’t paying and the other one is you carry on paying which isn’t right in my eyes as he should at least pay his share, I wouldn’t even be in this mess if it wasn’t for him as everything else was In hand, they send me statements but it doesn’t make sense what so ever it doesn’t tell me who my creditors are or what I’m paying who as I’d be interested to know tbh


That information should all be in your proposal and chairman's report.


No proposal or chairman’s report? I don’t even know what that is?


The proposal is the agreement between you and your creditors and the chairman's report is the record of the creditors meeting to decide on the IVA . You should have been given copies.

Have you checked your name on the insolvency register to check you ARE in an IVA ?
User avatar
susie451
Posts: 9
by susie451 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:15 pm
Hi both
I haven’t since a proposal or chairman’s report this is the first I’ve heard of both of these I’m defo In an Iva just never heard of these things what so ever!
How do you know what your paying your creditors and how much you still owe if they don’t give you any details, my DMP company always kept me in the loop of this stuff
User avatar
abbiesmum2003
Posts: 764
by abbiesmum2003 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:48 pm
You know what you pay each month based on your income/expenditure which is discussed at the very start of entering IVA. This willbe in your paperwork.
It doesnt change each month unless you have overtime. Its set from the very start. It is reviewed if you have a payrise or circumstances change that affect your income.
You need to check the IVA register as I suggested earlier.
You dont know what you have paid each creditor or whats still owed because you dont really need to and to be honest I never really cared! Once youre in a plan to repay as much as you can and fees arent being added and they cant contact you with demands or get bailiffs involved I relaxed...made one payment each month to my company and left the rest to them. What i paid/owed was irrelevant.

There has to be a document somewhere as you should have read the report and the signed the legal agreement.

Like I said it sounds like a whole lot is missing from this and explains why you arent sure what you can/cant do.
User avatar
susie451
Posts: 9
by susie451 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:36 am
Wouldn’t you like to know how much your paying all these creditors though I would just out of interest and see if you could pay it off earlier
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 27729
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:45 am
susie451 wrote:
Wouldn’t you like to know how much your paying all these creditors though I would just out of interest and see if you could pay it off earlier


The paperwork we are talking about gives an estimate of pence in the pound -- if you stick to the payments, that is what they will get. Each year you should be getting a review and the ciopy they send you should say what has ben paid out.

Have a look on the Insolvency Register -- get the name of your IP and write to him or her directly, asking for an explanation.
User avatar
abbiesmum2003
Posts: 764
by abbiesmum2003 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:45 am
Have you had a look on the register yet Susie?
As Foggy says you need to get in touch with the IP who is supposedly handling your case.
And no I wasnt interested in what I was paying them because like I said the money goes in a pot and is shared so one will get more than another depending on what I owed them. Knowing what we owed creditors wouldnt help in finishing early as a figure to finish early is based on the IVA monthly payment and time remaining to pay, not on the level of debt owed so what we owe is irrelevant as they will only get back what we could afford, the rest written off.
Like foggy said you get a statement annually with your review and sometimes we had statements from creditors which showed payments being sent to them but other than that we just let the IVA run in the background of our life and treated it like a loan.
User avatar
kallis3
Forum Expert
Posts: 73930
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 am
Did you sign anything before your IVA was accepted and did you have a phone call confirming this?
  • 1
  • 2
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests