RBS said that it could take 18 months before I received a reply on my PPI

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
emma164
by emma164 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:17 pm
I completed my IVA over a year ago and recieved my certificate. At the end of January 2018 I received a letter from RBS stating that I was entitled to overpaid commission on PPI and if I accepted the offer to sign and return the form. As I had not heard anything I contacted RBS yesterday and was told that they had to contact Aperture to ask if they wanted the money before they could pay me. I called Aperture (I used to be with Cleardebt but they transferred to Aperture) to be told that it wasn't anything to do with them as my IVA was complete. I called RBS again and they said that it could take 18 months before I received a reply which to me seems rather excessive. Is there anything that I can do?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:50 pm
I am surprised that Aperture has taken this position, as usually they are the first to go after PPI, even on closed cases -- of did you actually complete with CD before the Aperture transfer ? Were RBS one of your creditors in the IVA ? They are known to try to offset the old debt with refunds.
18 months is a ridiculous timescale --- I would mention it to the Financial Ombudsman (they won't act quickly, but at least you will be in the queue !)
emma164
by emma164 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:02 pm
Thank you for your reply. My IVA closed with Aperture and RBS were not on the creditors list but the claim appears to be for Mint credit card. The strange thing is that I did not contact RBS re PPI, they contacted me!! In addition Cleardebt made representation re PPI to numerous banks etc and claimed what was available, so this is completely out of the blue.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”