Really Confused

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Coline81
by Coline81 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:14 am
So I posted a question on the Payplan forum yesterday asking how they would view a holiday sickness claim for £638 that is all due to the illness and not loss of earnings....the forum responder said it would not need to be paid into the IVA because it was not due to loss of finances. So I emailed the woman at payplan who is setting up the IVA (meeting on monday) and she said it would have to be paid in, I sent her a screen shot of the response I had off their forum and she said that because it was a beneficial (?) payment she is sure it would need to be paid in but to speak to my supervisor once the IVA was approved. Any thoughts?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:20 am
Payments like these are usually treated in the same way as they are under bankruptcy: Compensation for loss of earnings is payable into the BR / IVA estate and, generally, you are allowed to keep compensation for pain and suffering. Unfortunately Payplan do take their own view on many things IVA and often sail against the wind. Most firms would let you keep it -- but Payplan are too unpredictable to call.
Coline81
by Coline81 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:23 am
Well that's upsetting to know that if I had gone with a different company I would have been able to keep it :cry: would have been nice to have a decent Christmas for a change! Maybe my supervisor will tell me something different but I don't hold out much hope :( thanks for the reply xx
redboxtree
by redboxtree » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:01 pm
If yo have not yet had your creditor meeting you can still change companies.

Payplan have their own way of dealing with things - including taking whole of household income into account rather than just the individual in the IVA.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:32 am
When is the payment due to be made ?

If the payment covers more than just you then ask the company to make the payment to another person involved maybe ?

Also if the payment is for multiple people surely only the % relating to you would be due rather than the whole amount ?
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”