Really stressed out at the thought of having nowhere to live ...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
susan916
by susan916 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:47 am
I am at the moment in an iva ..this is my second year ... I will be getting my state pension next year ... at present I live with my son ... but unfortunately will have to move out next year ...as his partner is moving in with her son and is also expecting ...therefore I have to find somewhere to rent ..which is going to take a big chunk of my pension .. also I will have to continue to work for a few more years to pay my bills and iva .. but I'm worried incase they say ..that they will take my pension off me ..and therefore I will have nowhere to live as I have not enough money to rent ....can they do this ... it's really stressing me out as I am on my own ....your earliest reply would be appreciated... thank you
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:49 am
Your pension will form part of your income and will be part of your IVA payment, but they will still allow you the money for your rent and expenses, as they do now. You will have to do a whole new budget with the new figures when the change happens.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:20 am
You can actually delay taking your pension if you are going to continue working.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”