Really stressed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

hannah467

Post by hannah467 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:57 pm
Hiii, I’m really stressed out at the money with my iva, my house has sold and due to the ex partner putting more money in than me, she got more back, I was going to have 3000, and because I was at risk of being homeless, I had to borrow the money for a bond and all the fees off of her till I got the remaining from the house which worked out as 1840! 😭 I called up my iva company straight away and told them, I spoke to one person, and told me one thing and then I phone up again and she then told me that I could keep the 1840, if I was able to pay more each month she said she was working on my case, so I then emailed back straight away and the day after so I knew what was going on as I had to spend some of it on petrol and food. No reply so I rang up again, and another person had told me another thing. I got passed on to another person then, as I was in tears, I was trying to explain to them that they can have the money, I just need to know what’s going on, to the point where I was balling my eyes out on the phone they threatened me and said I’d be sent out a letter of breech, I’m 24 years old, and I’m in the situation not because of me, but because of an ex partner. I feel stressed out enough as it is with having an iva, at this age, they’ve now decided to hold another creditors meeting and still send out a breech of contract, I haven’t missed one payment of my agreement, or anything. Please help me. I can’t take being this stressed any more.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:56 am
hannah467 wrote:
Hiii, I’m really stressed out at the money with my iva, my house has sold and due to the ex partner putting more money in than me, she got more back, I was going to have 3000, and because I was at risk of being homeless, I had to borrow the money for a bond and all the fees off of her till I got the remaining from the house which worked out as 1840! I called up my iva company straight away and told them, I spoke to one person, and told me one thing and then I phone up again and she then told me that I could keep the 1840, if I was able to pay more each month she said she was working on my case, so I then emailed back straight away and the day after so I knew what was going on as I had to spend some of it on petrol and food. No reply so I rang up again, and another person had told me another thing. I got passed on to another person then, as I was in tears, I was trying to explain to them that they can have the money, I just need to know what’s going on, to the point where I was balling my eyes out on the phone they threatened me and said I’d be sent out a letter of breech, I’m 24 years old, and I’m in the situation not because of me, but because of an ex partner. I feel stressed out enough as it is with having an iva, at this age, they’ve now decided to hold another creditors meeting and still send out a breech of contract, I haven’t missed one payment of my agreement, or anything. Please help me. I can’t take being this stressed any more.

So, at one point you were told that you could keep the £1840 out of the sale proceeds but pay this back, a little each month ?? Did you get any of this in writing ? If not ask them for a copy of the call recording which will confirm that you are not in breach.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
Visit my blog here : http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”