Really stressed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
hannah467
by hannah467 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:57 pm
Hiii, I’m really stressed out at the money with my iva, my house has sold and due to the ex partner putting more money in than me, she got more back, I was going to have 3000, and because I was at risk of being homeless, I had to borrow the money for a bond and all the fees off of her till I got the remaining from the house which worked out as 1840! 😭 I called up my iva company straight away and told them, I spoke to one person, and told me one thing and then I phone up again and she then told me that I could keep the 1840, if I was able to pay more each month she said she was working on my case, so I then emailed back straight away and the day after so I knew what was going on as I had to spend some of it on petrol and food. No reply so I rang up again, and another person had told me another thing. I got passed on to another person then, as I was in tears, I was trying to explain to them that they can have the money, I just need to know what’s going on, to the point where I was balling my eyes out on the phone they threatened me and said I’d be sent out a letter of breech, I’m 24 years old, and I’m in the situation not because of me, but because of an ex partner. I feel stressed out enough as it is with having an iva, at this age, they’ve now decided to hold another creditors meeting and still send out a breech of contract, I haven’t missed one payment of my agreement, or anything. Please help me. I can’t take being this stressed any more.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:56 am
hannah467 wrote:
Hiii, I’m really stressed out at the money with my iva, my house has sold and due to the ex partner putting more money in than me, she got more back, I was going to have 3000, and because I was at risk of being homeless, I had to borrow the money for a bond and all the fees off of her till I got the remaining from the house which worked out as 1840! I called up my iva company straight away and told them, I spoke to one person, and told me one thing and then I phone up again and she then told me that I could keep the 1840, if I was able to pay more each month she said she was working on my case, so I then emailed back straight away and the day after so I knew what was going on as I had to spend some of it on petrol and food. No reply so I rang up again, and another person had told me another thing. I got passed on to another person then, as I was in tears, I was trying to explain to them that they can have the money, I just need to know what’s going on, to the point where I was balling my eyes out on the phone they threatened me and said I’d be sent out a letter of breech, I’m 24 years old, and I’m in the situation not because of me, but because of an ex partner. I feel stressed out enough as it is with having an iva, at this age, they’ve now decided to hold another creditors meeting and still send out a breech of contract, I haven’t missed one payment of my agreement, or anything. Please help me. I can’t take being this stressed any more.

So, at one point you were told that you could keep the £1840 out of the sale proceeds but pay this back, a little each month ?? Did you get any of this in writing ? If not ask them for a copy of the call recording which will confirm that you are not in breach.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”