Reduced income due to new work

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
jing
by jing » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:04 pm
Hi! We have joint IVA. my husband had recently changed work and his income is reduced(£400/month less than before). Hence, to make up with this, he entered as part time life insurance agent, on commission basis. But then this part time is not guaranteed income. This month has covered the difference of the income in his commission as he have have clients.
We are just on our 3rd month IVA, I am skeptical that since his commision is not guaranteed, it might end up that we cannot cover the finances in the near future. Do I need to contact my IP about this now or I'll wait until we can no longer cover the difference? Or wait until the yearly review?we are under CF.

Many thanks!
Jing
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:16 pm
You should seek a review now as commission cannot be relied upon. If the IVA is found to be unworkable it would be better to find out now rather than pay in for a year or more and then have to stop it. Hopefully, though, a better solution can be found by maybe reducing your monthly payment and possibly extending the IVA.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:34 am
I agree with Foggy - get an I&E review done now to see if you can reduce the monthly contributions.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”