Redundancy In Iva.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Jasekent

Post by Jasekent » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:39 pm
I have just read on the news that we are losing 70 staff from our building and ( I really hope not ! ) it could be me. I am off shift today but go in tommorow..gulp..
Of course I am entitled to redundancy if the worst should happen. My question is as I have only 9 more payments on my Iva would it be possible to offer a full and final payment out of that and keep whatever is over. I know it sounds like I am being greedy but the chances of getting another job on the salary I am earning in the area I leave in is pretty bleak. It would be better to be able to have a little security so that I could maybe find another job on a lower salary and not have to worry about IVA contributions.

thanks for any advice.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:48 pm
Hi, I'm sorry to read of the possible redundancy and I sincerely hope that you're not affected.

You would need to take specific advice from your IP in respect of the F&F but you're almost there with 9 payments remaining so it may be an option.
One of our professional posters will be able to advise more concisely. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”