Refinancing car

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
gemma685
by gemma685 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:32 pm
I started my IVA in September 2018 and my car finance ends in april 2020 I think. It is stated in my proposal that “a car is essential for me to commute to and from work and in April 2020 I will refinance at this time.” I’m really worried about refinancing as I know a lot of people have been unable to do so 😬😬😬
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:04 pm
Refinancing is difficult ( to say the least) but a couple have managed and the market is changing all the time. Most of us, however, end up with "ebay bangers" for the duration.
Zebra555
by Zebra555 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:22 pm
Thing is I won’t be able to afford an eBay banger because I have to stick to my budget :shock: my current car is £200 per month so I wonder when that finishes in 2020 if the IVA will let me save that money for a few months to buy a car
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:42 pm
Zebra555 wrote:
Thing is I won’t be able to afford an eBay banger because I have to stick to my budget :shock: my current car is £200 per month so I wonder when that finishes in 2020 if the IVA will let me save that money for a few months to buy a car

Yes, we have all had to stick to tough budgets --- but you find a way. Nothing to lose by asking. In the meantime put aside your share of any overtime or bonus payments you get (if any). You might be able to agree a complete break on payments for a few months, which will be tacked on at the end.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:55 pm
I think IP's should be far more transparent when it comes to telling people about refinance or extended finance on an existing car lease or HP. I was told "yea, just refinance your PCP car at the end of the lease, it is already agreed that this is an allowed expense" which is all well and good until you actually try to get re finance or a new PCP while in an IVA. I don't know anyone who managed it while in an IVA.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”