Removing ex's name from mortgage

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

cath537

Post by cath537 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:29 pm
I am recently divorced...even though I pay the full monthly amount of the mortgage my ex wants his name removed from the mortgage...he has agreed to no shares of the profit should I decide to sell if his name is removed...however I have an IVA on debts while still married and the banks have refused to remove him as I now have a very low credit score...can anyone advise?

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:40 pm
I don't know if they can assist, but it might be worth having a word with a whole of market broker with experience of adverse credit applications. We have two who regularly advise on here: Ryan and Shaun. Their contact details can be found on their profile pages:

Ryan: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488
Shaun: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22837
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shaun Vickery

Industry Expert

Post by Shaun Vickery » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:52 am
Hi Cath. I take it when you say the banks have refused to remove him you mean your existing lender? Have you spoken to them? It's often a catch 22 this because any lender will want to satisfy themselves that you can afford the mortgage on your own ACCORDING TO THEIR LENDING CRITERIA (I appreciate you may well have been managing to do so already in reality but these are the rules we live with). Effectively it means meeting the same criteria as if you didn't already have the mortgage - and the fact that you are also in an IVA will be an issue too. Whilst your ex-husband remains on the mortgage it's another person your mortgage company can hold responsible for meeting the repayments so they won't be in any rush to help.
Highly Commended at the British Mortgage Awards. For individual mortgage advice go to http://clients.theselectpartnership.co.uk/
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”