removing wrong entries on credit file

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Tony.w
by Tony.w » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:02 pm
Hi guys, a bit of advice please ;-)

My IVA was paid out of with F&F in 2014 the 6 years is up in April 2018 so Ive been checking my credit report regularly.

my IVA shows on all of them but one from call credit shows a Halifax Loan in default from 7 years ago but only shows the last 4 digits of the loan the rest is *** out.
When a contacted Callcredit they said they dont have the full account number is question to remove to it I have to speak to the Halifax.
The Halifax have no record of the so called account so are denying they added it so cant remove it and Callcredit have said they cant remove it without Halifax's confirmation so Im at an loss as to what to do next.

How do I get the full account number that is listed to investigate further and have removed as Callcredit say they dont have it and the Halifax have no record of it and if it over 6 years old should it be on it anyway?

This does not show up on Equifax are Clearscore only on Callcredit's report

Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:17 pm
Maybe an email to the ombudsman regarding Halifax or the Information Commissioner's Office regarding incorrect data published by Callcredit. Mention of these to the parties involved might make them re-think.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”