Retirement.....

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:12 pm
I am really worried now as previous posts seem to suggest that if you are retired an IVA is not an option...Is this really the case even if you have private pensions and a disposable income???
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:13 pm
If you have the disposable income and are able to afford the payments then yes, you can do an IVA.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:24 pm
thanks so much for that, went into a panic, I am due to speak to a couple of IP's tomorrow..
Just love this forum, there is nothing worse than questions spinning around in your head at nights and weekends and no-one to ask!!!
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:41 pm
I have lots of clients who are pensioners, and so long as you are demonstrating that you are making the best deal - and importantly making sure that you have enough money each month to meet your reasonable living costs (including contingencies) there is absolutely no reason why you should not propose an IVA to your creditors - or why they would reject it.

Glad you are finding the forum handy - and ask away anything that you feel you need further help with. This also helps other forum members who do not post but who are avid behind the scenes readers.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”