Return of a deposit

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
karen575
by karen575 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:25 pm
Hi I am due to move and due a deposit back. Is this classed as a windfall.? Do I need to advise my ip ? Will I loose this money?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:54 pm
karen575 wrote:
Hi I am due to move and due a deposit back. Is this classed as a windfall.? Do I need to advise my ip ? Will I loose this money?

I imagine it will come in on one hand and go out with the other as a new deposit on a new rental, so I wouldn't mention it. If it is under £500 it would not trigger the windfall clause in any case.
karen575
by karen575 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:20 pm
Thank you for your reply. I am moving in with my boyfriend so he will be my landlord so would it be right to pay him directly my deposit if I get any back. It would come directly from a tenants scheme what holds my deposit. I have advised my iva company that i will be moving shortly.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:45 pm
karen575 wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I am moving in with my boyfriend so he will be my landlord so would it be right to pay him directly my deposit if I get any back. It would come directly from a tenants scheme what holds my deposit. I have advised my iva company that i will be moving shortly.

Boyfriend as landlord is maybe pushing the definitions, unless you have a tenancy agreement and he holds the deposit in a scheme account as required by the regulations .... But, as I say, if it is under £500 it wouldn't trigger the windfall clause anyway
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”