Review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:45 pm
Had my first review form through from Stepchange on Monday. I got a text with a password then a few minutes later an email with an encrypted zip file attached.... And so began a battle of wills.

The form wouldn't open on my phone at all. It would open on the laptop in read only format, unable to edit as I don't have MS Office. I rang Stepchange and requested a paper copy which annoyed me as I had all the documents they requested readily available electronically, and no ink in the printer at home. I thought one way or another I was going to have to send either the word document to work to edit, or the documents to print to work. Either way I didn't want to send anything to work.

A battle of wills (and three hours later!) I had "printed" the email on the laptop into Adobe PDF form, then moved it to my phone and opened it on the Microsoft word app on there which converted it into word so I could edit and type into it! What a palava! I had my blood pressure taken later at the doctors and it was very high, perhaps doing that the same day I was at the doctors wasn't my brightest idea. They wrote the high reading off to my being under the weather.

The paper forms arrived yesterday so if I had been printing and sending documents I would have been able to meet their timeline anyway.

Now it's "the wait" like Foggy said recently, like when you take your car in for MOT and spend the day hoping no news is good news. They text me 24hrs after I had emailed them confirming they had received all my documents, so presumably at some point over the next few weeks I will hear back. I have had a small pay rise (I think it totalled £30) but have had a slight change to my expenditure so I am hoping my payments remain the same. I commented in a different thread one thing I felt "bad" about was having an entry for Gregg's on there ask had forgotten my lunch one day, but I know that's not really what they are looking for.

Fingers crossed!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:05 pm
Fingers crossed !

Scan the paper forms in and you can use them next year and just email the lot to them at the time.
ediunia82
by ediunia82 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:04 pm
Hi, can you please tell what paperwork Stepchange asked for your first review??? Thanks.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:52 pm
ediunia82 wrote:
Hi, can you please tell what paperwork Stepchange asked for your first review??? Thanks.

It was p60 (or March payslip) last 3 payslips, 1 months bank statement, current expenditure to add revisions if necessary and evidence of any changes.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:53 pm
Foggy wrote:
Fingers crossed !

Scan the paper forms in and you can use them next year and just email the lot to them at the time.

Great idea! Mind you I am hoping my i&e sheet will be different next year (they sent it pre populated with current figures)
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:41 am
What a hassle ... but done now and with what you say has changed there should be no change to your payment ...fingers crossed you hear back soon..... oh and its fine to use Greggs for lunch...you have to eat !!
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:49 am
luluj wrote:
What a hassle ... but done now and with what you say has changed there should be no change to your payment ...fingers crossed you hear back soon..... oh and its fine to use Greggs for lunch...you have to eat !!

True, it just feels frivolous! I haven't been in there in ages, I was so annoyed the day it happened. I had walked to an appointment before work, I was a mile from home as I realised and didn't have time to go back and fetch my lunch, which was sat in the fridge.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”