Rock and a hard place

Meet the experts that answer your questions
6 posts Page 1 of 1


Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Digger » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:40 pm
HI everybody

I entered an IVA in 2013 with Debt Free Direct which changed to Aperture some 2 years ago .... other than getting my reviews in late a couple of times or so i thought and due to Illness for a few months which extened my IVA by the same amount i have never missed a payment,
I have many times filled in PPI refund checks whith both DFD and Aperture and any refunds have gone to my IVA .... i own my own Home with my wife who forms no part of my IVA .... I was told at the end of my 5th year i would be contacted a few months prior to the end of my IVA to try and release equity, if this was not possible the 6th year option would be enforced ..... i had no contact from Aperture about my pending end of 5th year accessment other than requesting i fill in a yearly review to which i sent off all
the infomation.
After about a month i had no reply so i phoned a number of times and was kept on hold after a few calls i got though and i explained i could see no change on there on-line portal relating to the review, .........
there reply was send it again only this time i said i would send it recorded delivery, almost 6 to 8 weeks passed still no reply or change by now i had moved in to month 4 of my sixth year and was still paying plus ( i failed to mention twice they had told me a finance broker would be in touch to see if equity could be released in my house ), i now have just 2 months remaining of my sixth year ...i spoke to them on monday to which they had no record of my second delivery of my review sheet and payslips to which i quoted the time, place and the person who signed for them ..... got a phone call thursday saying they have the sheet but have lost my payslips for the second time and could i ....E-mail them over again they have now told me they will ring me on the 24th of this month in the tenth month of a sixth year to tell me if a refinance on my house is required ... i,m at my wits end with all this and there seems no end to what they are doing have i any rights or option available to be ..... thanks for your time .


User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 29870
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:51 pm
At the moment your only option is to complain by way of a formal complaint direct to Aperture:

If this gets nowhere you can escalate to their regulatory body via the Government Gateway: ... actitioner
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014


User avatar
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by kristian » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:17 am
I know how you feel, I was in a similar position with Aperture last year after making what I was told was my final payment in December 2017 and told on 3 separate occasions during 2018 that my completion certificate was on its way until the six month came and went but still no certificate so I contacted them again to find out why only to be told that I hadn't addressed the equity issue a year previous, this was now June 2018! I asked them why had nobody from Aperture contacted me in June 2017 about this to which he couldn't offer an explanation so I now had to attempt a re-mortgage which I couldn't do so a 12 month extension was now required.
The 6 year Iva was started in November 2011 never missed a payment and hopefully our last payment will be the 1st of July 2019 but as I have discovered with Aperture you can never be sure because they are a shambles of a company who don't know what they are doing!


User avatar
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by catherine826 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:58 pm
If younare on Facebook, send them a message through there, I have had response from them when I did that. Probably because they won't want any negative feedback via social media when they realise you use it .


Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:49 pm

Post by Digger » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:51 pm
thank you all for your advice ...

spoke to apature last week :? wall and head banking comes to mind ..same story somebody else is to blame ... now been told for a 3rd time equity release company will contact me before end of july .... this after reminding them my final payment of the 6th year will have been paid at the end of this month ... also reminded them my house is in my wifes name as well as mine and she will not put pen to paper relating to any loan on the mortage and as my monthly mortage payment was part of the reason i ended up in this state plus credit cards it will put in a worse position now than i was 6 years ago..... to which came back the reply .... if she wont sign ...... ermmmmm ok we will ring you at the end of july ..... so know better off and cant see an end :x :x

Shaun Vickery

User avatar
Industry Expert
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:32 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Shaun Vickery » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 am
It may be that you will be referred to my firm to review the potential for releasing equity. If you'd like to send me your details privately I'll be more than happy to check into this for you and see if I can help move things forward.
Highly Commended at the British Mortgage Awards. For individual mortgage advice go to
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Meet the experts”