Search found 27467 matches

Search found 27467 matches Page 1 of 1832
by Foggy
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:20 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: PPI
Replies: 10
Views: 303
Pigger479 wrote:
kallis3 wrote:
I do wonder - is it worth it for that amount?


My girlfriend has cashed it before i had chance to tell her not to! Will they be ok if I make payment once it’s cashed?!


You will probably now have to evidence the amount you send them --- the covering letter might do if it refers to the amount.
by Foggy
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:54 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: PPI
Replies: 10
Views: 303
Although made out to you, your client account at your providers will be in your name, so the cheque could be paid into that account.
by Foggy
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:50 am
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: Compensation payment
Replies: 4
Views: 434
Hi, my wife is expecting a compensation award from the CICA for sexual assault but we are in an IVA. Do you think this will have to be paid towards our arrangements? Cheers. Hi, yes we are both in IVA for joint debt. Debt we actually got into because my wife couldn’t work after the trauma. Silly qu...
by Foggy
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:46 am
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: PPI
Replies: 10
Views: 303
Most IP's treat PPI refunds as an asset, rather than a windfall, so you don't get the £500 trigger. However, for £69 the IP might well leave it with you. You need to ask your IP.
by Foggy
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:49 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: Compensation payment
Replies: 4
Views: 434
Are you both in IVA's ? If so the IP will take an interest --- there is no specific mention of compensation in IVA terms, but, under bankruptcy, compensation specifically for pain and suffering is allowed to be kept and most IP's follow this practice in an IVA. Only your own IP will be able to say w...
by Foggy
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:46 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: Is no vote a yes vote?
Replies: 3
Views: 448
No -- they are ignored for that vote --- the deciders are those that actually vote.
by Foggy
Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:38 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: Some advice required please
Replies: 2
Views: 492
Whilst I sympathise with your situation, I fail to see what you are now trying to achieve. You have completed the IVA and should be released shortly by the issue of your completion certificate. An IVA is, in a nutshell, an arrangement between you and your creditors to allow you to pay as much of you...
by Foggy
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:18 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: Inheritance during 6th year of IVA
Replies: 3
Views: 545
It will, I am afraid, be payable to your creditors through your IP. Until such time as you have the completion certificate issued all terms and conditions apply. They will take a sum up to the amount of the full original debt, plus fees and possible statutory interest, less payments you have made to...
by Foggy
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:36 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: Help For A Creditor
Replies: 15
Views: 954
If he is being allowed to 'with hold' family debts until the IVA is complete then you need to make a formal complaint as he should never be allowed to have preferential agreements in place just because they are family. From your explanation seems he is trying to shaft everyone in preference to his ...
by Foggy
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:12 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: Help For A Creditor
Replies: 15
Views: 954
When you say that you have a charge on the property, what do you mean? Is the loan secured against the property ? If so it cannot be rolled into the IVA.
by Foggy
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:17 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: Received inheritance
Replies: 5
Views: 901
The ampunt you agree to pay over during the IVA is not the new figure you "owe" -- it is what you agree to try to pay back, at least. As Merlin said -- you still "owe" the full original debt, plus fees and statutory interest. Fees are usually around 15% of the money paid in, plus...
by Foggy
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:12 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: Help For A Creditor
Replies: 15
Views: 954
1) The IP should get this creditor to verify their claim but, this isn't always at the start of an IVA. 2) Challenge the information with the IP. 3) The creditors normally expect you to retain a modest vehicle --- an expensive one should be sold, pay for a modest one and pay the balance to the IVA. ...
by Foggy
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:22 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: Help For A Creditor
Replies: 15
Views: 954
Our experience is mostly from the perspective of the debtor, but we will happily answer your questions, if we are able.
by Foggy
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:58 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: 4 weekly pension
Replies: 10
Views: 867
dorothy245 wrote:
dorothy245 wrote:
dorothy245 wrote:

I also owe my son £200 he loaned me for xmas presents, will this query this going out of my bank account
or should I just give him the cash


Easier to give him the cash. As I say, as long as your total annual income matches that which the IP is expecting to see, it should be OK.
by Foggy
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:55 pm
Forum: Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts
Topic: Personal injury claim
Replies: 1
Views: 770
i am about to go into an iva i also have a personal injury claim ongoing will this money be put into iva if for pain and suffering Personal injury claims are not catered for, specifically, under the IVA terms and Conditions. However, in bankruptcy, compensation for pain and suffering is allowed to ...
Search found 27467 matches Page 1 of 1832