Second IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

dave354

Post by dave354 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 am
I am looking to forward my 2nd Iva my first one completed around 6 yers ago.Do I really need to disclose to my IVA supervisor?I am scared my creditors may refuse and ask more questions.If I don’t disclose ho they find out I was in IVA before.Please advice me I am in full of depression..Over commitment only took me this far.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:12 am
A current creditor might have the first IVA in archival records if they were a former creditor as well -- but I doubt they would look that closely.

You are, by no means, the first person to go down this route for a second time, nor will you be the last, especially right now !

I would say, though, if asked the question directly, answer honestly. Better it be dealt with at the start than you get caught in a lie now or further down the road.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:05 pm
Totally agree with foggy if asked be honest.

We were very close to having to seek help a second time last year but we did some deep soul searching, severe belt tightening and have got ourselves through it - still more to do get back on even keal, but right now we are back to managing.

Let us know how you get on and please don't be afraid to ask your questions
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”