Self employed and Tax Return

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
smart3105
by smart3105 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:19 pm
Hi all, currently bankrupt, started at the end of April 2018,
someone can please help me regarding online self assessment, just went to submit my return of 2017-18, when i go to self assessment home page, i see on left corner name written THE OFFICIAL RECEIVER. and when i click to fill the details, in personal details, already written in Last name is OFFICIAL RECEIVER, and his address and bankruptcy reference number in address section, but at last it shows my post code.
The form says if address is wrong, click yes or no, or change personal details. so i am little bit worried, should i amend all details, or should i leave it like that just i fill other things, UTR number is same, I need to submit my tax returns online end of the January dead line.
This forum is always great help and opinions. if someone please read above and advise, what is best, should i change last name to my my name and full my address, instead of Official receiver's address and reference, or should i leave it like that and fill the rest and submit with other details. this self assessment 2017-18 year is before bankruptcy.
thanks
smart3105
by smart3105 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:47 pm
any advise please?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:09 pm
Sorry nobody has been in touch - hopefully someone will be tomorrow. I have no idea.
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:06 am
smart3105 wrote:
any advise please?

I would suggest ringing the helpline and asking them if you should amend it / have it noted on file that you were in touch.

My inclination would be to say you should if it is the year before the official receiver would have been dealing with your affairs, but it might have an impact on your records or result in your address being updated back to you not OR, which is why I suggest calling them to get a definite answer.
SteveUK
by SteveUK » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:39 am
Definitely speak to the helpline. When I entered an IVA the tax office gave me a new UTR and I had to register a new Govt. Gateway ID.
smart3105
by smart3105 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:55 pm
SteveUK wrote:
Definitely speak to the helpline. When I entered an IVA the tax office gave me a new UTR and I had to register a new Govt. Gateway ID.

This tax year is before bankruptcy, bankruptcy falls in 2018-2019 tax year, so i dont think need new UTR for 2017-2018 tax year, I can see my self assessment 2017-2018 online, just want to confirm should i amend the details which are prefilled in last name The official receiver and his address in address section.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”