Selling my car

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Mpbmpb
Posts: 10
by Mpbmpb » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:36 am
My car is low value £2000 and is listed as an asset on my Iva . It’s proving expensive to run fuel etc . If I was to change my car for something of a similar price or less ? Do I have to let my Iva company know ? It’s not on finance . Thanks again
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 27974
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:24 am
As it is listed as an asset, yes, you do need to keep your IP in the loop.
User avatar
Radish
Posts: 363
by Radish » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:10 am
If you sell on eBay, everything you make is your own. Surely a car comes under this category. I must admit the assets thing of what you can sell and keep confuses me a little?
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 27974
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:20 am
Radish wrote:
If you sell on eBay, everything you make is your own. Surely a car comes under this category. I must admit the assets thing of what you can sell and keep confuses me a little?


If it is listed as an asset of the IVA, you keep it in your possession, but if you dispose of it the proceeds belong to the creditors, unless otherwise agreed.
User avatar
Radish
Posts: 363
by Radish » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:45 pm
Foggy wrote:
Radish wrote:
If you sell on eBay, everything you make is your own. Surely a car comes under this category. I must admit the assets thing of what you can sell and keep confuses me a little?


If it is listed as an asset of the IVA, you keep it in your possession, but if you dispose of it the proceeds belong to the creditors, unless otherwise agreed.


Think mine was £30 scrap haha :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 27974
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:19 pm
Radish wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Radish wrote:
If you sell on eBay, everything you make is your own. Surely a car comes under this category. I must admit the assets thing of what you can sell and keep confuses me a little?


If it is listed as an asset of the IVA, you keep it in your possession, but if you dispose of it the proceeds belong to the creditors, unless otherwise agreed.


Think mine was £30 scrap haha :lol: :lol: :lol:



All of mine were -- I got through on ebay bangers !
Mpbmpb
Posts: 10
by Mpbmpb » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:55 pm
Foggy wrote:
Radish wrote:
Foggy wrote:

If it is listed as an asset of the IVA, you keep it in your possession, but if you dispose of it the proceeds belong to the creditors, unless otherwise agreed.


Think mine was £30 scrap haha :lol: :lol: :lol:



All of mine were -- I got through on ebay bangers !

:) perhaps I’ll just hold onto the car nothing wrong with the car just heavy on fuel (something you don’t notice when you are putting fuel in with a credit card )! But those days are gone . 6 months into Iva and things are ok so far ! Definitely more relaxed ! I hardly see the postman these days used to be regular delivery of credit card statements
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests