Selling shares

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
tony218
by tony218 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:24 pm
My IVA is due to complete in a few months, i am looking to sell my shares in a limited company, do i need to declare this as a windfull if done now or do i need to wait until IVA completed, assume when i receive a certificate of completion to avoid the windfull clause
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:31 pm
tony218 wrote:
My IVA is due to complete in a few months, i am looking to sell my shares in a limited company, do i need to declare this as a windfull if done now or do i need to wait until IVA completed, assume when i receive a certificate of completion to avoid the windfull clause

Selling of shares is not a windfall, but a disposal of assets and, unless excluded in the IVA, the proceeds will belong to your creditors. Were they declared to your IP at the outset (as they should have been) ?

I would be inclined to sit on them until you have formally complted and been released from the IVA.
tony218
by tony218 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:42 pm
Foggy wrote:
tony218 wrote:

Selling of shares is not a windfall, but a disposal of assets and, unless excluded in the IVA, the proceeds will belong to your creditors. Were they declared to your IP at the outset (as they should have been) ?

I would be inclined to sit on them until you have formally complted and been released from the IVA.

Thank you for you advice. Yes they were declared at the outset - Can you confirm 'formally completed' is when the completion certificate is received, is this correct?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:53 pm
tony218 wrote:
Foggy wrote:
tony218 wrote:

Thank you for you advice. Yes they were declared at the outset - Can you confirm 'formally completed' is when the completion certificate is received, is this correct?

Yes, when the completion certificate has been issued is when you are "free" of the IVA in all respects, save for PPI and similar refunds.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:37 am
If you sell them now you will have to pay them into your IVA - I would recommend you wait until the IVA is complete and you have your CC as Foggy has suggested.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”