1) I have around £10,000 in income coming into my Barclays account between now and the end of March 2018. I need this for cashflow but I am worried if I apply for an IVA barclays will take some of this money if they find out. Is it likely they will find out between now, Feb 24, and end of March if I start an IVA now?
2) I am getting chased by HMRC who are threatening to send around a field agent. If I take an IVA it will take a month or two to get approved and accepted. Should I inform the organisations I owe money to that I am entering an IVA and will that stop them chasing my debt before its approved (or rejected)?
Thanks in advance.
HMRC are a difficult animal to deal with and too much notice might spur them to act before the IVA is in place as, it appears, things with them are well advanced anyway. Your IP, if pre-warned, might be able to stop any action by applying for a stay with the courts.
You really need to discuss these matters with your prospective IP, sooner rather than later. Speak to a firm with experience of dealing with the self employed / HMRC.
Who is onlineUsers browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests
Ask the IVA Experts a QuestionSimply complete form and you will get an answer from our IVA Experts (multiple replies within an hour *)
* Any use of this forum is conditional on you having read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
* If you enter your phone number, Vincent Bond and Co Ltd will give you a courtesy call to ensure that your question has been answered.
* The question will be posted on our forum, we will email you the location