Should I tell creditfix about not paying nursery fees this month?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
17 posts Page 1 of 2

Jo.c89

Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Jo.c89 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:54 am
Hi everyone! Only in my second month of IVA but with everything going on with the coronavirus I’m off work (being paid luckily) and my sons nursery has been closed. I normally pay £567 a month in nursery fees. I wouldn’t mind paying more to creditfix but obviously I don’t know how long this will all last and I don’t know what my wages will be yet so do I wait until I get my wage slip and ring them and they take a lump sum or do I be naughty and keep it for if his nursery opens early? Any advice is appreciated as I don’t want to jeopardise my Iva as I’m so grateful to be in it! Hope everyone is staying safe.

kallis3

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 75946
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:57 am
I would keep them up to date. CF are being quite sympathetic from what we see on here.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Jessie91

Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Jessie91 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:14 am
I wouldn’t lie. I would definitely call them and explain what’s happening.
I called Creditfix last week because my husband isn’t working due to the virus so no wage coming from him and they given me a payment break and was very understanding, polite and supportive. As long as you keep them updated and always honest your have no issue with them.

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 31250
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:06 am
I, too, would advocate keeping them fully informed. I would hope that they will allow you to keep it, to balance out some of the losses due to lowered income and during this time of uncertainty.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

abbiesmum2003

User avatar
Posts: 946
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:50 pm
Location:

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:15 am
Jessie....i love that you now seem to feel confident to be giving others advice from your own experiences.
Its not so long ago you were here worried and unsure, now you are sounding more relaxed and sharing experience.
Sorry to invade the post but your reply on here was lovely to read.
I agree to keep them informed and also hope given the situation it could be kept aside to counteract any loss of wages. Id hope its not classed as a windfall!!!!
Take care.

Jessie91

Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by Jessie91 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:44 am
Hi abbiesmum2003 thanks to you all giving so much advice and a confidence boost on how to deal and live and budget while being in a iva has really helped me.
I for sure don’t have all the answers to people’s question, but whenever I can post my own experiences with others who may feel the same I definitely will. This forum is such a massive help.
Honesty is the best policy during a iva

Jo.c89

Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Jo.c89 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:23 pm
Thanks everyone. I don’t want anyone to think I wouldn’t be honest about it, I just know that some of the money would be needed for gas and electric and more food for my son and I’d never want to jeopardise my Iva. I’ve phoned creditfix and they don’t know the answer so someone is going to ring me back. I just don’t want them to amend my monthly payments for me to be back at work let’s say in 2 months time and he’ll be back in nursery. I just hope they can take it as a payment if they do want it.

Francesca

Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by Francesca » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:57 pm
Hey. I was just wondering if Creditfix came back to you about nursery fees? Thank you

Mrs_Brown

User avatar
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Mrs_Brown » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:23 am
I have emailed Stepchange to enquire about a similar situation, mine is regards travel costs though. In my email I have pointed out that this is a temporary situation and that currently I am working from home. Will let you know what their take is on this, hopefully they will allow me to keep the additional amount because if we go back to work in the middle of next month then I will be paying that money out twice, once to them and once to the travel permit.

Jo.c89

Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Jo.c89 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:58 am
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:57 pmFrancesca wrote:
Hey. I was just wondering if Creditfix came back to you about nursery fees? Thank you
Hi! Yes they did eventually after me hounding them. They’ve said I can keep it as it will now be spent on providing for my son now he’s at home. I’ve screen shotted the email as proof because I don’t believe they’ve thought it through. It’s over £500 a month that I pay and yes I have used some of it for extra food and gas and electric. I just don’t trust them too be honest 😂

Jo.c89

Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Jo.c89 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:59 am
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:23 amMrs_Brown wrote:
I have emailed Stepchange to enquire about a similar situation, mine is regards travel costs though. In my email I have pointed out that this is a temporary situation and that currently I am working from home. Will let you know what their take is on this, hopefully they will allow me to keep the additional amount because if we go back to work in the middle of next month then I will be paying that money out twice, once to them and once to the travel permit.
Hi. I’ve had an answer back and they’re letting me keep it. Let me know how you get on.

kallis3

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 75946
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:11 am
Good news Jo - so glad you get to keep it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Francesca

Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by Francesca » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:14 am
Don’t blame you don’t trust them!!!! They asked me to call them when I have emailed them but asked I would prefer them to contact me by email. Once that I am a key worker working 6 days a week now so don’t have time to stay on the phone til someone answers and second I want to have a proof as well. Thank you for your answer.

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 31250
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:30 am
It is always advisable to get anything agreed in writing. Yes, there is the possibility that they might have a change of heart, but, more importantly --- they might pass your case on to another firm / IP in the future who would be otherwise unaware of any changes to the original terms or discretionary allowances made and might need to be informed and the altered arrangements proven.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Jo.c89

Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by Jo.c89 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:42 am
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:30 amFoggy wrote:
It is always advisable to get anything agreed in writing. Yes, there is the possibility that they might have a change of heart, but, more importantly --- they might pass your case on to another firm / IP in the future who would be otherwise unaware of any changes to the original terms or discretionary allowances made and might need to be informed and the altered arrangements proven.
So do you not think the email is proof by itself? Should I get them to write it in a letter? It just puts me on edge as I won’t be paying the nursery fees for the majority of next month as well. I’d rather them just take some of the money off me.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”