Signed the proposal

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Aisha
by Aisha » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:00 pm
I signed my proposal yesterday massive step, crediotrs meeting is set for the 27th of november wanted to ask how long roughly does the creditors meeting take?
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:06 pm
Probably takes far less time than you would imagine, but still feels like agonising too long! Good luck.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:35 pm
Many creditors post their votes before the "meeting" --- it only takes as long as the Chairman takes to collate the votes and, maybe, respond to any proposed alterations. You should get the result within an hour or two of the appointed time -- however, many firms seem to forget that someone (you) is waiting on a life changing decision and will happily go off to lunch or home at the end of the day without letting you know ! So -- give them an hour or two and chase them!

Good luck for your meeting.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:51 pm
Hope it goes ok.
Karenj
by Karenj » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:50 am
I had my creditors meeting at 10am on the 3rd November, I received a phone call at 11am to say all had been approved so hopefully the company you are using will not keep you hanging around too long!

Good luck :D
Aisha
by Aisha » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:58 am
I hope they let me know as soon as i hate waiting.
Thank you for all the replies
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:32 pm
It won't take any time as creditors will not physically attend but will vote beforehand by proxy. How long your IP decides to twll you the results will depend on which firm you are with...

In the perfect world they should call you shortly afterwards.

Depending on the proxies received they may know the results prior to the meeting.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”