Some questions on completion

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Chrisd1865
by Chrisd1865 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:58 am
Good morning
I completed my 6 year Iva in August & awaiting the completion certificate.
I was with Harrington Brooks who then when was takin over by Freeman Jones.

I called the other day to advise them I had received a statement from a creditor which shows no payment received since Mar 2018, I have 2 accounts with these and both the same with no payment received.

When I called in April to pay my additional payment in due to my annual bonus into the Iva I was advised my account is in credit soon so will be passed on to the 1 in 100 team for review. Had no response so called monthly to see how progressing as was still paying in over £500 per month & was told to let it's run its course which I have done.

When I called last week to see how things was progressing they said it was with the competition team and completion certificate should be issued within 6 months.
My outstanding credit on joining the Iva was £32k and was advised have paid in just over £40k.
My questions are
1, should I be concerned as no payment sent to creditor since Mar?(1 of 5 creditors, but two accounts with them)
2, is 6 months a reasonable timescale
3, as account now in credit will I get statement from Freeman Jones confirming where all money went.

Sorry for the long post but it's been a long 6 years & ready to restart rebuilding my life debt free going forward but feel left in limbo at the moment
Kind regards
Chris
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:57 am
1, should I be concerned as no payment sent to creditor since Mar?(1 of 5 creditors, but two accounts with them)

No -- creditor statements are not reliable as creditors account for IVA receipts outside of the normal account, which will have been frozen.

2, is 6 months a reasonable timescale

6 months is the standard timescale built in and referred to in the proposal -- it is often shorter than this.

3, as account now in credit will I get statement from Freeman Jones confirming where all money went.

You will get a final report with accounts.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”