StepChange and F&F settlement

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
L82
by L82 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 am
I submitted all relevant information to StepChange in regards to a full and final
Settlement. The money is ready and waiting and apart from a letter 10 days ago saying it’s been received I haven’t heard anything else? I’ve called 3 times and been told it’s with the variation team. I sent husbands proof of funds and forms for ID check and they have all done back fine. This was mid jan so I’m 4 weeks into the process and don’t seem to be any further? It was much quicker when I was setting up the IVA! I know there’s a 2 month time frame but I haven’t even had a copy of my variation proposal yet!!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:40 am
We do not get that many complaints about Stepchange being overly lax or tardy, so, hopefully it should all happen soon. The timescales in the T's & C's start from when they get all the paperwork from you that they need. Keep the pressure on ( a squeaky wheel often gets the oil !).
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:47 am
They have to call the variation meeting within 21 or 28 days (check your variation terms) and give 14 days notice of meeting...

...so once you have given them all the info you should have the answer within 5-6 weeks.

Refer them politely to your terms and ask why there is a delay.
nuttymarbles
by nuttymarbles » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:12 pm
Best of luck, ive been waiting nearly 6 months with aperture to even read and acknowledge my documents, and i call every week! disgraceful these companies are, I hope you get it sorted soon.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:10 pm
Fingers crossed it is sorted soon.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”