Stressed and at a loss

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Shelly30
by Shelly30 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:25 am
I have received an email today from my iva company thanking me for our payment of £403..... however due to nursery fees it was agreed they would take £100 until the creditors meeting was held and new amount agreed. This has left me with only £20 left in my account with bills to pay next week.

Is it likely they'll return the £303 extra they've taken?

A creditors meeting should have been held on Friday but I received an email stating it had been adjourned due to a technical problem with the paperwork (their fault) and meeting to be held on 29th.

Any ideas what I can do please or what I should do with them? I have sent them an email withdrawing authorisation for them to use my card going forward and that a standing order should be set up....this was how I've always paid my iva until it was sold on.

I'm fuming and now completely stressed out about how I'm going to pay my bills next week.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:36 am
Hopefully you have kept evidence of the agreement to temporarily reduce the amount to be paid, pending the outcome of the variation. I imagine this has ben overlooked by the admin clerk pushing the buttons at their office. Give them a call and ask for the money they have taken without authorisation to be returned immediately.
Shelly30
by Shelly30 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:23 pm
Thanks Foggy.

I'll give them a call tomorrow when their offices are open. It's just annoying that the person I spoke to in collections added the agreement to my account then called me back to take my card details and I again verified that only £100 would be taken.

I've had nothing but problems since my iva has been sold on..... stressful to say the least.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:15 pm
Fingers crossed you can get it sorted.
Nikl
by Nikl » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:38 pm
Are you with credit fix? Adjournments due to technical / paperwork have plagued me these last few months
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”