Supply Wages

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
17 posts Page 1 of 2

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:38 pm
I know this question was asked before by my sister and some kind soul answered but I'm sorry but I didn't understand the answer so am asking again.

I work 'casual', thats how its classed at school. I basically cover illness and courses. For the most part its half a day here, a full day there. We're talking maybe in a month, not on a weekly basis. On only one occasion was I asked to work a block period of time due to a member of staff breaking her wrist.

So my question is this, how will this hit and miss money make a difference to the IVA and monthly payments.

My worry is that if its assumed I am going to work one day a month which amounts to about £40 wages and I don't then I will be down by that much in our bank if the sum we are paying includes it. Does that make sense? Sorry if it doesn't I'm not always very good at asking things.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:45 pm
You do need to speak to an IP about this. The fact that your wages are not guaranteed needs to be discussed.

As Helen will have told you, the initial advice is free and impartial and may well give you something to work on.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:31 pm
I understand bout talking to someone I will do that soon I promise. My wages aren't the house ones, my hubby is the breadwinner mine are just additional, which is why I was asking about the above because at the moment its one of the things going round in my head LOL.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:34 pm
Would they average it maybe and any extra paid over, one of the professionals should be able to offer some advice on this x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:41 pm
Is the IVA in your name?

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:43 pm
thats the bit that worries me lesley, if they looked at say last years wage and averaged it out at say £30 month, and used that figure in our inc/exp and I didn't earn anything (like I won't this month) then I'm going to be down on money for the month. I know it will also work the other way that if I did 2 days I would be money up but we wouldn't be able to live like that never knowing if I was geting any work or any wages coming in.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:47 pm
sorry julie cross-posted.

we've not got an IVA yet, but although the debts we have are 3 in his 1 in mine and 1 joint I assume they will be all put together. His wages plus child benefit and child tax credit have always paid the bills and any little bit I did earn was used for extras like in the summer holidays or house items.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:21 pm
Personally, I would not advise that you include any of this money into your disposable income calculation. If it is so sporadic, then best to simply rely on your husband's regular wage and any benefits and tax credits you may also receive.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:25 pm
I wouldn't include these earnings as a basic wage..I'm sure one of the professionals will advise soon .

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:35 pm
MelanieGiles wrote:

Personally, I would not advise that you include any of this money into your disposable income calculation. If it is so sporadic, then best to simply rely on your husband's regular wage and any benefits and tax credits you may also receive.
Thats reasurring Melanie, thank you. What would happen though for the months I did get paid something, would I then ring my IP and we would arrange between us to pay an amount over? And do this on a month by month as it happens basis.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:40 pm
Easier for me to advise you on that when I have had chance to look at the whole picture. If the debts are all in your name, and your partner has no debt, then I would not seek any of that money as it ought to be paid to him in lieu of the contribution he would be making to your debts.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:04 pm
Ok no problems, thank you. We have 5 creditors, 1 is in joint names (overdraft) 1 is my CC and the others are loan/cc in hubby names.
Last edited by leaKybrain on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:04 pm
Not quite sure how this will work.

You are both liable for the full amount of the overdraft.

As to how an IVA can work for both of you I don't know as it is usually 3 or more lines of credit with at least two creditors.

I really do think you should speak to someone about it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:33 pm
I'm going to Jan, we've planned on ringing soon.

The Creditors are HSBC(OD and 2CC), MBNA, Tesco Loan, so 5 debts with 3 different places.

Something was mentioned before about interlocking IVA.
Last edited by leaKybrain on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:41 pm
My hubby had overdraft with HSBC (joint), Credit Card and loan, all his 3 and only lines of credit were with HSBC and they voted 100% yes. Mine were spread all over. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”