Suspicious of completion certificate activity

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
IVAconfused75
by IVAconfused75 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:46 am
Hi.
So I settled my IVA last December and been told the LR restriction was removed the 13th of that month. I contacted my IP regarding an update on my completion certificate. She said that it would be "any day now"
For a more accurate reply, I contacted Payplan who told me that it was with the accounts and they would ring them to find out what stage they were at and let me know. After no callback from Payplan, I rang them again. They answer me in a very short manner as though I'm just bothering them, which I find upsetting. The Payplan advisor told me the accounts had not responded to their message, so until they did, they couldn't give me any information on my certificate, only that it could take 3 months for all the processes to be done. She then went on to say something about a business creditor? and that takes 3 months, then your credit file to be informed; another 3 months and then something else etc...

I only have 2 creditors; one is my mortgage who I'm still with and NatWest bank, who haven't folded or difficult to do business with and no checks for PPIs, missed payments or delays etc...so I am concerned that this is just being dragged out for the sake of it, based on my IVA overall.
The settlement was accepted straightaway with a modification by the creditors that meant Payplan didn't receive their full completion fee (I'm not sure if that's what the modification was for) but nevertheless, I just feel because of this, I'm being penalised by time, as I want to move on with my life this spring and I don't see any real reason why I can't, because of their accounts department? It seems to me, that it's very quick to get signed into an IVA, but a long process to get you out of one.
Greatly concerned and suspicious.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:10 am
You are not being singled out to be unfairly victimised -- I am afraid this bad level of service is becoming increasingly the way Payplan are doing things !

The steps the advisor pointed out were 3 months to issue the completion certificate, and then it would be three months after that that you would come off the Insolvency Register. This is explained in a short article I wrote here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:25 pm
FYI Some firms take up to 6 months to issue the cc...!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:40 pm
Agree - you are not being penalised - all Payplan customers will be in the same boat at the moment.

Check out Foggys link.
IVAconfused75
by IVAconfused75 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:22 pm
Thanks for your comments links. I just think overall it's not necessary, without a good reason I suppose in writing.
Iva's are stressful enough without prolonging it.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”