Switching IVA companies?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

jason703

Post by jason703 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:48 am
Hi me and my partner applied looked into an iva and got a call back by swift insolvency back in january and went through all the set up and details and documents and was told they would set up the creditor meeting on the 21st of Feb but then on the day I got a call saying it needed to be put back but she didn't even know it was a joint iva. I've called 30 times emailed and what's apped lots since then and keep being promised a call back but got nothing. First payment is setup for next week and I'm beginning to think it's all a con and all the creditors we've contacted have started hounding us. Can I just go to another company or is this normal. Thanks

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:44 am
Swift do seem to have their problems .... they are not conning you, but don't appear to be the brightest tool in the box.

If they have not held the creditors meeting yet you should be able to cancel. Whether they charge you for work done depends on what you have agreed with them up to now in this respect. Most firms do not charge at this stage .... but some do.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:26 am
It's not actually a joint IVA but an interlocking one.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Mxlee8

Post by Mxlee8 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:15 pm
Alright Jason just recently set my iva with swift, u must admit they are very hard to get hold of. But just had my first payment taken. Hope your sorted?
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”