Tell me about yourself!

39 posts Page 1 of 3

Mrs Pish

Post by Mrs Pish » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:47 pm
I'm just curious as to who/where we all are really!

I'm Emma, I'm 37 and live on the South Coast. I'm married and have 2 children of 6 and 3 and a 19 year old stepdaughter. I work as an IT Manager. DH also works in IT, we're a geek house.

I managed to get into debt due to a combination of bad luck and bad decisions which I suspect is probably the case with most of us!

I enjoy cooking, music, reading and travelling and nothing makes me happier than a bargain! [:D]

Next?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:57 pm
I'm Jan, 56 and live in the Midlands with my husband and three dogs. We have a 22 year old daughter who splits her time between us and her fiance's house. I have two stepkids. One is married with two kids (one from a previous relationship) and one on the way. Stepdaughter is divorced, has a child from another relationship, and to put it bluntly, has had more relationships since the divorce than I have had hot dinners!

I work for the police in a civilian capacity and hubby is a retired bobby.

We got into debt by wanting exotic holidays, cars - the usual.

I hate cooking, love reading, music, my pets, travelling and the forum.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:59 pm
I'm Tracey and I live in Middlesex with Dave, my partner of nearly 13 years, and our cat, the very handsome Harry Puss!

I'm a sales co-ordinator (account manager without the title or money!) for a semi conductor company and Dave is a handyman.

To be quite blunt about it I got into debt as I lived beyond my means for years. I originally went into an IVA, but ended up going BR.

I enjoy watching sport (mainly football, F1 and cricket), reading and listening to music.

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:53 pm
I'm Stephen, 32 and I live in Prague, Czech Rep.

I'm a Software tester/systems analyst (another geek)

Looking back i made so many poor financial choices.. Having an electric guitar addiction comparable to most women and shoes didn't really help...

Then, when my bank decided to offer me 13k online, no questions asked...i decided to consolidate and blew some of that on even more stuff i didn't really need. Stupid boy!! You live and learn...

I love computers (god that sounds sad, no I don't look like Moss from The IT Crowd ;) ), music, travelling, football and going out.. Okay.. that last one might actually translate as drinking Czech beer with my friends :))

Wizzzard

Post by Wizzzard » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:28 pm
My name is Ray ... I live in East Yorkshire with the current Mrs Wizz, a psychotic moggy and a dyslexic budgie. I'm 63 yrs old and am retired due to ill health. I spend most of my time on the PC and most of that in this forum ... so be careful what you say [:D]. The current Mrs Wizz is retiring on Chrismas Eve so I suppose that will put a stop to me PC malingering.
The best psychological health comes from admitting your faults and recognizing they're caused by someone else.
Wizzzard xxx

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:30 pm
I'm Lesley and live in Lincolnshire, I am an IT tutor and my husband is a carpenter and also re-trained as an electrician in 2006. We have 4 children, 5 grandchildren (7 by Christmas though) and 2 dogs.

My hobby is dog training and my hubby loves fishing.

Debt mainly accrued from the inability to say 'NO'
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:16 pm
I'm Luke from West Yorkshire and I'm 31. I work 60 hours a week as a Security Officer, an exciting life it is not.....

I have no children or pets. I also got divorced this year and met my wonderful lady Natasha in March.

My hobbies are football (Leeds Utd), F1, Jogging, Reading, Writing, Cooking/Baking, Growing my own veg, history I could go on forever.

I have always been in debt since I left University 10 years ago, but it was always minor and manageable and a few times I almost had it paid off.

Until I met my ex-Wife......I was 4k in debt before I met here as I'd just moved into my first place so borrowed to furnish it etc. By the time she split with me (5 weeks after we married lol) I was 22k in debt due to paying for the Wedding, Honeymoon and propping up her business which went under.

Oh well I've learnt my lesson the hard way and would not change anything as it has made me the person I am today and I think I'm rather fab [;)]
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Andy1964

Post by Andy1964 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:33 pm
Hi, Andy here, 45 year old from Liverpool, don't wear shellsuits or have a curly perm [:D], married, two sons 19 and 22 (both still at home)
Most debt problems came with wanting the boys to have the best of everything and like Lesley the fault was saying 'Yes please we'll have some more'
Football is my main passion but from the armchair only. Oh and red wine as and when good offers are available.
I have a pet Tarantula called Ocho, we lost our dog Charlie back in April.
If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Funds paid to date accepted as F&F 16th August 2013, the wait for completion begins.
Wait over....certificate recieved 3rd May 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:44 pm
I would love to meet the tarantula! Not fussed on spiders normally (hate house spiders!) but think I could cope with a really big one (spider!)

Sorry about the dog, I know what it is like to lose a much loved pet.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:10 pm
Hi I am Carole age 54 and married to Nick who is 52. We have 2 children, Trudy who is 31 and from my first life sentence and Henry who is 21.We have 2 cats named Kelly and Smeg and a ferret called Pimms, because she drinks a lot. We live in West Sussex. I am a domestic cleaner and work for some very nice people and hubby is a grounds man for a horse racing stables and has been for 35years. As for the debt well it was a case of wanting the best for the kids and kidding ourselves that we could afford to pay for it. All in all debt of £35000.I like to do patchwork and quilting and hubby likes to go fishing we both like to go walking. We like to watch tv and love things like Poirot and Foyles War. I also like syfi and my fav at the moment is Stargate and Eureka.
Last edited by carole2662 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:58 pm
Hi
I'm Janet, 65 yesterday, single with no children or attachments. I took early retirement from the travel industry 8 years ago and now work as a civil servant, connected with that nasty word, taxes!!!I live on Teesside where I came to work 35 years ago however would love to move back to Northumberland, and live in a rural community and go to pottery classes and join the W.I.I know this sounds sad but have worked all my life, and will retire at end of this month. I have lived all around the world hence my passion for travel which caused most of my debt problems, the other cause was helping support my nephews and nieces whose father died when they were tiny, and being unable to sayno to them.
I am so excited about retiring, I thought the day would never come.[:D]
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

scaredykat

Post by scaredykat » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:28 pm
Hello
Im Susi, and live in a tiny village in north yorkshire I'm 51 divorced with 2 daughters 21 and 22. The eldest lives in sheffield and works in the travel industry and the youngest is a student nurse. I am a nurse and work permanent night shifts. I have 3 dogs 5 cats and 2 parrots. I got into debt...hmm i suppose it started when i found myself a single mum making sure the girls didnt miss out and trying to "make things better" On top of that were holidays, furniture, cars etc etc till it all just got out of hand !! My ambition is to have a camper van so i can pack up my dogs and disappear into the wild blue yonder for a while.....oh well cornwall or down that way.....oh, and meeting a "nice" man wouldnt go amiss :o) x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:58 pm
My daughter would join you with the camper van - she would love one! As it is, she is fresh out of uni with just a part time job at Asda to show for her troubles.

What sort of dogs do you have? I have a Lurcher, a Heinz 57 and a Jack Russel - all rescue dogs.
Bob Marley.

karen

Post by karen » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 am
I like this idea ....well done Emma. I'm Karen I'm 50 years young married for 31 years (I was a child bride lol...) I have 3 children 25,24 and 18 and I am going to be a grandma this year which I am really looking forward to. I am from Milton Keynes and sing in a local choir which I LOVE.... I work in an office doing accounts,wages etc for a small company but I would loved to have been a nurse ( no dont say it...its too late)I have a dog snowy and a cat Bob and two chickens. Thats me....
Karen [:I] x

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:15 am
I love it too. It's like some kind of group therapy [:D]
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.
39 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “friends corner”