Tell me about yourself!

39 posts Page 2 of 3

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:57 am
It's not too late to do the nursing - my hubby's ex wife did nursing later in life.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

flow13

Post by flow13 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:04 am
Hiya, I am Claire and I am 29. [:)] I have been married to ian for 4 years this month. I have 2 stepdaughters age 10 and 16, and 1 stepson age 14. They spend every weekend with us and most holidays (basically we share custody).
I work as an IT administrator for a housing association. Hubby is a crane driver. [:)]
We are in a joint (you know what I mean) IVA. Our debts mounted from both having previous relationships ending and our exes not being very nice in the sharing department. Also, I was a full-time student until I was 22 so I had the usual student overdrafts etc.
I enjoy reading (i'm obsessed with books) and cross stitch. I attend church and I am also an officer in Boys Brigade. [:)]
We are really looking forward to finishing our IVA next July. Can't believe we only have 11 payments left. [:D][:D] When we finish the IVA we would like to start a family of our own.
Its now time to start living and to make some some wonderful memories!
Read my blog at http://flow13.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Aiming for the finish line'

karen

Post by karen » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:06 am
Oh Kallis,
Beleive me I have agonised over this but to leave my job now and start training just wouldnt be possible. There is no way I could earn what I earn in my current job and although money isnt important it is while we are in an IVA so by the time its finsished I'll be 56
and I really dont think I'll have the energy by then. I could kick myself I should have done it years ago. Never mind its wasnt to be,
anyway I'm such a control freak I would want to Matron straight away lol.....................
Karen

SometimesTina

Post by SometimesTina » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:41 am
Hi, I'm Tina, and I'm a tranny. Plain and complicated, that's me.

I live on the south coast. I have a girlfriend who I have been seeing for 9 yrs. I have 2 children, one in his 20's who now lives with his girlfriend, the other is a teenage girl, and she lives with her Mum about 2 hours away, but I get to see her - when she can be Ar5ed. I have 2 lovely grandchildren, one of each, both babies really, whom I see often.

Oh! and before I forget, I got in some serious debt, and went down the IVA road. After being 'extended' I am now 61 months in, with 11 Months to go.

And here's me:

Best Wishes,
Tina x

Even trannies get in debt

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:47 am
Karen, what a shame when it is something you want to do. Who knows? You may feel like training when you finish the IVA?

Tina - what a fab picture. No way could I look that good in that outfit. My legs look like Nora Batty's tights at the moment!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:53 am
Never ever give up on your dreams, when my IVA is over I'm may do teacher training.....

Tina I'm liking the boots, they must kill to wear though!!
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

SometimesTina

Post by SometimesTina » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:55 am
The boots are fine to wear. Much easier than the shoes!
Best Wishes,
Tina x

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:58 am
I swear some women's shoes are designed by men who are the reincarnation of medieval torturers.....
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:07 am
I used to wear high heels and even had a pair of leather trousers and thigh high boots at one point! It was in my younger days though!

I'd fall over if I wore heels now!
Bob Marley.

SometimesTina

Post by SometimesTina » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:13 am
Ah, Thigh Hi's.. Now these I CAN walk in......

Best Wishes,
Tina x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:18 am
They look good! I might be able to totter for a few feet in those!
Bob Marley.

Mrs Pish

Post by Mrs Pish » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:34 pm
Tina you look great! [:D]

Carol I think I might know where you are, I'm in Sussex too, Brighton.

Karen, I'm still working out what I want to be when I grow up. It's never too late, if you can go for it, do.

Thanks for replying. I always think debt is an issue that affects so many of us from so many different backgrounds. On paper we probably look as though we are doing fine but in reality, far from it. Having a second child we couldn't afford didn't help matters but he's a little ray of sunshine and totally worth it.

I'm loving the photos idea, is anyone else game? I might be but am feeling shy!

Mrs Pish

Post by Mrs Pish » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:53 pm
Oh ok, here is me!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:54 pm
My piccies are all on facebook, wouldn't be wanting them on here until the IVA has finished.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:04 pm
Mrs Pish you're braver than me!

My pictures are on FB but I'm not brave enough to put them on here.
39 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “friends corner”