Terminating My IVA Part 2

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Debzie
by Debzie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:28 pm
Hi

So after posting about wanting to terminate my IVA on health grounds (I am 5 years in with 6 to go) and getting excellent advice from Foggy. I contacted Aperture about a full and final settlement based on payments to date. I sent back the information to them with a detailed letter, I have already provided medical info, and also some pictures of repairs that are desperately needed to my property and a very large energy bill that I am now being hounded for payment. The account got into arrears when I encountered my medical issues

I have heard nothing back but yesterday received and annual statement stating that not only was I in arrears - this being because Aperture unilaterally decided to increase my payments without any notice to me and without me being able to afford them and that in their opinion the IVA has a good prospect of full implementation.

This is utter nonsense - there is no equity in the property and even if there was I do not earn enough to take out a mortgage to even cover the existing one as it was taken out when I was in a marriage with joint incomes.

I am so very frustrated and I have absolutely had enough of these bunch of idiots - it seems to me that they are ignoring the plights of the people they are meant to help in order to make money through fees and whatever else they get money from.

I have today contacted them via their contacts page (I tried calling yesterday and left a message for a call back - surprise surprise I have heard nothing) to tell them that I have provided the information and that if I do not have an answer by next Friday I will be going to the financial ombudsmen.

Your comments/advice would be appreciated
Debzie
by Debzie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:14 pm
Debzie wrote:
Hi

So after posting about wanting to terminate my IVA on health grounds (I am 5 years in with 6 to go) and getting excellent advice from Foggy. I contacted Aperture about a full and final settlement based on payments to date. I sent back the information to them with a detailed letter, I have already provided medical info, and also some pictures of repairs that are desperately needed to my property and a very large energy bill that I am now being hounded for payment. The account got into arrears when I encountered my medical issues

I have heard nothing back but yesterday received and annual statement stating that not only was I in arrears - this being because Aperture unilaterally decided to increase my payments without any notice to me and without me being able to afford them and that in their opinion the IVA has a good prospect of full implementation.

This is utter nonsense - there is no equity in the property and even if there was I do not earn enough to take out a mortgage to even cover the existing one as it was taken out when I was in a marriage with joint incomes.

I am so very frustrated and I have absolutely had enough of these bunch of idiots - it seems to me that they are ignoring the plights of the people they are meant to help in order to make money through fees and whatever else they get money from.

I have today contacted them via their contacts page (I tried calling yesterday and left a message for a call back - surprise surprise I have heard nothing) to tell them that I have provided the information and that if I do not have an answer by next Friday I will be going to the financial ombudsmen.

Your comments/advice would be appreciated

Just as an aside - thinking some more about this I have just made contact with a local government officer I know and asked for some help - I want to attack this from all sides if possible. I will pass on any info I get that may be of help
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:31 pm
The FO has no interest in, or jurisdiction over, IVA's. You need to make a formal complaint to the IP / Firm which you cn then escalate to their regulatory body via the Government Gateway here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner Unfortunately the regulators will not intervene or amend an IPs actions but, if deemed appropriate, will levy a fine (sometimes quite hefty) and often the thopught of such a fine gets an IP back on track.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”