Terminating my IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Debzie
by Debzie » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:26 am
I am in my 5th year of an IVA with another year to run. During my time in IVA I have had a ruptured brain aneurysm, resulting in a Subarachnoid Haemorrhage. This has also resulted in me developing Epilepsy. Due to my circumstances I have had to return to work much sooner than was adviseable. I have informed my administrators and provided medical evidence to them and asked them to speak to my creditors in order to have the IVA terminated. Nothing has been done and I am desperate to take a less stressful lower paid job or reduce my hours but I am unable to do so. Is there anything else I can do
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:38 am
What you need to do is ask your IP to propose a "Full and Final offer based on payments made to date" citing these health reasons. They are obliged to put this forward right away. If they are not responding send an email direct to your IP (address can be found via your entry on the Insolvency Register), along with a copy by recorded delivery snail mail. You can then escalate this to their regulatory body, via the government gateway at https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner if still no joy.

Might I ask who you are with ?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:41 am
So sorry to hear of your health problems - I agree with Foggy - see if you can get your IP to accept payments made to date so your IVA can be finalised and you can move on.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:05 am
Excellent advice from Foggy, all the best with getting it sorted.

Regards
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:28 am
Great advice from Foggy, your IP should take all your concerns and heath issues on board and be able to submit this to your creditors.
Debzie
by Debzie » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:08 pm
Thank you guys for your help and advice - I have contacted my IP and am awaiting a response
Debzie
by Debzie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:57 pm
Foggy wrote:
What you need to do is ask your IP to propose a "Full and Final offer based on payments made to date" citing these health reasons. They are obliged to put this forward right away. If they are not responding send an email direct to your IP (address can be found via your entry on the Insolvency Register), along with a copy by recorded delivery snail mail. You can then escalate this to their regulatory body, via the government gateway at https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner if still no joy.

Might I ask who you are with ?

Apologies Foggy I have just noticed your last sentence on reviewing my previous post and after posting an new one - Aperture - from what I am reading here they need to be taken dramatically taken to task. I started with DFD and was passed over to then with no consultation - ermm I wonder why
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”