Thank you all - you saved my life. Here's to 2018 !

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Zizi
by Zizi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:19 pm
Thanks all!
I just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you to all on this forum.
Turn the clock back five years ago, I was a nervous wreck, up to my eyes in unaffordable debt, recently redundant, my husband having had a mini stroke. We had five children between us and I was using credit cards to pay the bills, pestered by creditors calling all hours of the day.
I made the call to one of the debt “charities”- who to their credit have been really good, and never looked back since starting my IVA. Although we have had many struggles along the way( boiler packing up etc), compared to how we were, it hasn’t been too painful at all. I got a much better job and the kids are all nearly self sufficient. The house is a bit run down but now bigger than we need due to kids leaving home, we plan to sell up and downsize once next years equity 6th year is over and will use one of the experts on this forum to help with this. I’m predicted to pay over 90% of the debt, compared to the 35% predicted at the outset due to my increased salary.
This forum has been my guide through this process and I wish I had faced up to my problems years ago, rather than trying to struggle on alone. I know every one says it, but the time does fly and you learn some very important lessons along the way. Thank you to you all- you saved my life. Here’s to 2018!
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:24 pm
Thank you for your post - so glad the forum has been of use for you over the last few years.
Stay in touch over the next year .. you are in touching distance of being debt free and the return to creditors is greatly increased from the outset - well done.

When ready to sell up and move on please contact Ryan / and or Shaun for advice. Both come highly recommended - I can personally vouch for Ryan and his team. You may want to approach them sooner so as to ensure you know exactly what you need in place when to speed up the process.

Once again well done !
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:14 am
Glad we have been of assistance to you and that your IVA is nearly at an end. Look forward to reading the post when you get your completion!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:30 am
Well done -- almost there!

I agree with Luluj about contacting Ryan and / or Shaun early ( a few months before completion) so they can help you start the spade work and hit the ground running. As you are going for the 6 years everything should start to clear almost right away so you need to make sure that dates are correct on the credit files.
Zizi
by Zizi » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:39 pm
Thanks all. I shall contact Ryan’s company in the New Year to get the ball rolling in anticipation of moving in 2019- I’ve been in touch already and they were really helpful and encouraging! I will keep you posted as to how it all goes in order to give hope to all those at the start of their journey...
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:38 am
Great and a Happy New Year to you x
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”