The car is mine!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

antm

Post by antm » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:38 pm
Sorry, probably a bit over the top, but ive never really owned a car, well i have but always owed to bank or a finance company for the car and i never really paid any of them off. Especially on the car for 3 years then kept swapping for a new one. Well being in my IVA has put a stop to doing that so i have kept my little french car, which is now 5 years old. Today i got the letter, that my car has no outstanding finance and that im the one and only owner.

Its a great moment for me, that car on the road that cost a stupid amount of money is actually all mine, it also spells the downward road to completing my IVA, as for the last 18 months my payments go up, but its the last stretch till the end! That light at the end of the tunnel is a little brighter today! [:D]

RHB

Post by RHB » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:17 pm
And the trick now is to start saving for your next car so you can pay in cash & not have to pay ridiculous amounts of interest!!

antm

Post by antm » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:42 pm
Well thats a good point, and ive been looking, i know i shouldn't but would like a newer one a year after my IVA, so second hand is the way forward. Can save a fortune and still get a good runner! I mean mine cost £12k new, now worth about £4k max so ive lost loads of cash over the years, so im glad i can see all this with open eyes and not be delueded into nice and shiney and new smell, don't need that anymore!

marsha1

Post by marsha1 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:57 pm
Well done. My car is paid for in March and although I am going to pay extra into my IVA it will be a good feeling.
I will also be on the last leg of my IVA - it has gone so quick!!!

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:59 pm
Well done and its great to pass these milestones on your journey to being debt free [:)]

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:10 pm
It's nice to own it outright and I hope the remainder of your IVA runs smoothly for you x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

deb.ml

Post by deb.ml » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:37 pm
Just wanted to add to congratulations. Lovely feeling when things are not on finance!! Good luck for the remainder of your IVA.
IVA started Sept 09. Glad to be on the way to being debt free
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”