The Nightmare that is Creditfix

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
SteveM
Posts: 18
by SteveM » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:49 pm
Creditfix are a complete nightmare ! I posted about this issue previously and now 5 months on nothing whatsoever has changed. In the final years of my IVA and via The Select Partnership made a significant offer to close the IVA early as covered by the initial agreement and based on the equity of my house. Creditors meetings called and adjourned x5 times with no decision. I investigated and discovered that Creditfix changed the paperwork they use in relation to providing the creditors information. Apparently the creditors have not accepted the new paperwork / forms instigated by Creditfix and are therefore unable to consider proposals using these new forms. I understand approx 700 Creditfix customers have been impacted by this and, as in my case, at no fault of their own. I am now 5 months into the period whereby my IVA should have been closed. I was assured by The Select Partnership they would not put forward a proposal if they were in doubt that it would not have been accepted, I trust this stance and therefore can only conclude that it is Creditfix who are seriously at fault. Two weeks ago they promised to get back to me with a date for a new meeting, so such date has been provided. I am now concerned that eventually I will meet the end of the IVA without having benefitted from early closure. There is an additional concern that they may still try and claim the amount offered for early closure even when the full time of the IVAS has been achieved - Could they do this ? and if so, would I have right to refuse.
User avatar
Foggy
Forum Expert
Posts: 27490
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:11 pm
I gather from other posters in the same boat that CF have agreed to suspend interim payments while waiting for this mess to be sorted out. Alternatively you could amend your offer to reduce the lump sum by the amount of these payments.

I would suggest that you and anyone else affected by this monumental mess up lodge a complaint ,via the government gateway, with their regulatory body at : https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
Nikl
Posts: 73
by Nikl » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:12 pm
I’m win CF and am waiting for my variation meeting for a F&F. I believe I was one of the first to be hit with this issue back in end or April. CF have now said they have sorted the issue and I have been given a new date. So dependent on when your initial meeting was adjourned, you may hear from them extremely soon with a new date
SteveM
Posts: 18
by SteveM » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:31 pm
Foggy wrote:
I gather from other posters in the same boat that CF have agreed to suspend interim payments while waiting for this mess to be sorted out. Alternatively you could amend your offer to reduce the lump sum by the amount of these payments.

I would suggest that you and anyone else affected by this monumental mess up lodge a complaint ,via the government gateway, with their regulatory body at : https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner


Thanks so much, this is good thinking and very helpful.
SteveM
Posts: 18
by SteveM » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:31 pm
Nikl wrote:
I’m win CF and am waiting for my variation meeting for a F&F. I believe I was one of the first to be hit with this issue back in end or April. CF have now said they have sorted the issue and I have been given a new date. So dependent on when your initial meeting was adjourned, you may hear from them extremely soon with a new date



Thank you. I hope this is so.
User avatar
abbiesmum2003
Posts: 739
by abbiesmum2003 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:08 am
I too have been caught up in this shambles.
March I agreed a secured loan with Select Partnership (who I might add are fantastic and the epitome of customer service)....
Anyway, agreed a SL to complete Iva (we have made all 60 payments) have had at least 4 dates cancelled due to this paperwork issue and have had arguemenr after arguement with CF and the supposed managers of a variety of departmwnts...none of which seem to know what the other is doing. Its a complete mess!!!!
However. They do not like confict or being challenged. I made it very clear that I would not be making any payments to them after my 60th one left the bank to which they agreed (in writing) and as SL has not yet been paid across im not paying that yet either! I know other posters who have said payments on hold until decision made.
Im annoyed as could have been half way theough extension by now almost however id still be in an iva and have to go through closure at some point so happy at the
moment to let CF and creditors argue over terminology in a document which did not need to be changed!!!!!
I believe it is sorted now as been sent a date for our meeting (not holding my breath).
Hope you get sorted soon. you are definately not alone.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests