This time next week.....

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
18 posts Page 1 of 2

Waltons

Post by Waltons » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:21 pm
...........oh yuk, I'm going be either completely [:(][:(][:(] or hopefully [:D][:D][:D][:D] if things go according to plan, as mine and hubby's meetings are 11.15am and 11.30 respectively.

I've had 1001 thoughts swimming around my messed up brain over these past few weeks i.e. are we doing the right thing, should we go bankrupt and suffer the consequences instead of this very harsh IVA thingy, should we run away from it all and live like criminals for six years[:I], why have we let ourselves get into this mess, etc, etc, etc.

But, I've now had to come to the conclusion that whatever will be, will be. If we have no way of controlling how this meeting goes, which of course we don't, I HAVE to chill out and just hope hope hope that it goes our way. If it doesn't, well then we'll have to discuss the other options won't we?

Easier said than done though as every waking moment right now, its there, at the forefront of my mind. I can't see I'm going to get much sleep next Sunday night though.....

Rache

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:26 pm
Good luck Race, I'm sure everything will be fine.

We've all had those thoughts. You're putting your best offer forward and can do no more.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:30 pm
Keep positive thoughts and I am sure that all will be well by this time next week.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Waltons

Post by Waltons » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:32 pm
Thank you Jan. [:)]

Hubby & I are off to Jersey on Thursday for three days - all paid for by his firm for a corporate thingy. Not keen on being corporate wifey I must say, cos I feel like I have to be something I'm not, but its a freebie and frankly, right now, it's just what the doctor ordered. I'm hoping it'll take our minds off of it just for the short time we're there.

Meantime, now we're back in the UK and can do the Lottery again, I'm putting a paltry pound on every week in the vain hope that we'll win it one of these days.[:D]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:35 pm
You will absolutely love it - and three days away from the kids is bound to be very therapeutic.

Do enjoy the trip away with your husband, and do remember that he needs your support on a professional level, so if you need to roll out the posh frocks for a couple of nights, grit your teeth and enjoy the free wine!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:36 pm
Sorry, I meant to put Rache last time but missed the H out!

Enjoy your few days away - even better when it's free!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Waltons

Post by Waltons » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:37 pm
MelanieGiles wrote:

You will absolutely love it - and three days away from the kids is bound to be very therapeutic.

Do enjoy the trip away with your husband, and do remember that he needs your support on a professional level, so if you need to roll out the posh frocks for a couple of nights, grit your teeth and enjoy the free wine!
Oh, I know Mel, three days away from the kids, as much as I love the little blighters, will feel like three weeks I reckon. Blissful!

Posh frocks are ready, as is my corporate wife face. Marvellous!

jtomo64

Post by jtomo64 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 pm
Hope you have a great time away, try and put the whole IVA thing out of your mind and have fun.
I am sure all will work out at your meetings, your IP would not put a proposal forward if they did not think it was realistic and acceptable to creditors.

I know how it feels waiting for that meeting and the subsequent decision. I to had many sleepless nights.

Good luck with that weekly lottery ticket to. You have to be in it to win it, as they say!

J.

Waltons

Post by Waltons » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:06 pm
Thank you all. As the hotel overlooks one of the gorgeous beaches there, I think it will be hard NOT to relax.... so I will indeed do that and raise a glass to all you lovely people on this forum. [:)]

ashb

Post by ashb » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:45 pm
Good luck and enjoy your time.

Its natural how you feel but you are taking the right step and we all felt like you did the days before the meeting

dont forget the sun oil.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:03 pm
Good luck for next week from me xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Waltons

Post by Waltons » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:37 pm
Well after all that, my parents phoned today to tell me that my step mum is not well enough for them to come down and look after the girls. Initially I could've just wept - I tried to be sympathetic but selfishly we are so looking forward to getting away right now, that I was absolutely gutted.

But...... with a little help from my sister in law and three very good friends, we WILL be going to the ball. Thank god for fantastic friends and family.[:)]

Phew!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:38 pm
Pleased to hear it.

Glad that Cinders will be going to the ball with Prince Charming.

Have a fab time.
Bob Marley.

Waltons

Post by Waltons » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:42 pm
kallis3 wrote:

Pleased to hear it.

Glad that Cinders will be going to the ball with Prince Charming.

Have a fab time.
Hmmmm.... not quite sure he's that but he'll do - til the next one. Whoops.[:I][:D]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:57 pm
So glad to hear it - you have been so stressed lately, and those four little ones are bound to be absolutely spoilt rotten! Go and enjoy!
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”