To pay or not to pay?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:59 pm
Good luck!!
mumof3
by mumof3 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:04 am
Hi! We are in our first month of our IVA. Once we decided to go ahead with an IVA we stopped paying the creditors. We rang them all explained what was happening. Most of them put our accounts on hold for 30 days. This gave us a contingency fund which we have already had to dip in to (car repairs etc) so it has helped. We thought our IVA might not be approved due to a low monthly payment but with the modification of an extra year added it went through no problems.
stmw
by stmw » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:47 pm
mumof3 wrote:
Hi! We are in our first month of our IVA. Once we decided to go ahead with an IVA we stopped paying the creditors. We rang them all explained what was happening. Most of them put our accounts on hold for 30 days. This gave us a contingency fund which we have already had to dip in to (car repairs etc) so it has helped. We thought our IVA might not be approved due to a low monthly payment but with the modification of an extra year added it went through no problems.

Sorry I’ve only just seen this! Well I cancelled all the Direct Debits. We signed and sent off the proposal on Thursday night so it’s just the waiting game now!! I was thinking of phoning the creditors to give them a heads up but I don’t know? X
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:04 am
stmw wrote:
mumof3 wrote:

Sorry I’ve only just seen this! Well I cancelled all the Direct Debits. We signed and sent off the proposal on Thursday night so it’s just the waiting game now!! I was thinking of phoning the creditors to give them a heads up but I don’t know? X

I waited until they called me ---- surprisingly only a few bothered and were no problem.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:16 am
Barclaycard were the only ones who pestered me and they were a nightmare.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”