To The Maldives for my 50th...

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 1 of 2

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:04 pm
That`s my goal anyway. It`s a long, long way off...three to four years after the scheduled finish of my IVA, but my Better Half and I have decided that`s our dream to aim for...any spare money, ebay proceeds, 5`s, 2`s and 1`s are all destined for our `fifty fund`.
I love my partner, we`ve been through some tough times, especially over the last two years or so, but boy am I glad I`ve got her, and with her along side me I am convinced I`ll be in The Maldives and debt free (but still bald) when I`m 50.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:08 pm
What a nice goal to aim for, mine and hubby's was that he has always wanted to go to Chine we had planned it for his 65th when he retired, but circumstances made him finish working at 60 and then the IVA so it will probably be his 70th present.
Last edited by Pandy on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:09 pm
I did the Maldives for my 50th (courtesy of hubby and plastic!) and it was fantastic.

I shall be doing the same once the IVA is finished.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:11 pm
Without the plastic next time I assume Kallis3 [:D][:D]
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:12 pm
kallis3 wrote:

I did the Maldives for my 50th (courtesy of hubby and plastic!) and it was fantastic.

I shall be doing the same once the IVA is finished.
Which island did you go to kallis?
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:14 pm
Sun Island. One week fully inclusive (and I would not do anything else as it's expensive) and it was totally wonderful.

Are you on FB Goosed? My piccies are on there. Add me as a Frugal Friend if you are and I'll send details.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:22 pm
kallis3 wrote:

Sun Island. One week fully inclusive (and I would not do anything else as it's expensive) and it was totally wonderful.

Are you on FB Goosed? My piccies are on there. Add me as a Frugal Friend if you are and I'll send details.
I`m not, I must be one of the few people that isn`t, but I`ve seen Sun Island on the `tinterweb`...looks fantastic. I bet even though you went there on the `plastic`, you don`t regret it for a minute, what an experience of a lifetime.

Eric Cantona

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm
It was fabulous. One of the best holidays I ever had.
Bob Marley.

briggadeen

Post by briggadeen » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:12 pm
I don't know what to aim for, I suppose we should all have something. Maybe a new bathroom, its the only thing we haven't improved in our home.

But the maldives - I'm jealous!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:25 pm
It's gorgeous! The lagoon there is like stepping into a warm bath - could not believe what it was like.

I will get there again - I'm determined!
Bob Marley.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:25 pm
briggadeen wrote:

I don't know what to aim for, I suppose we should all have something. Maybe a new bathroom, its the only thing we haven't improved in our home.

But the maldives - I'm jealous!!
It`s a target we`ve set, something to focus on and keep us going as we encouter the many trials and tribulations we`re sure to stumble upon during my IVA...And yes, we should all have something to aim for, a reward to reap, something nice to look forward to.

Eric Cantona

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:08 pm
What a great target, I agree, my 50th is going to happen whilst I'm in an IVA, Jan 2012 and I would like to go to Egypt, no party, no presents just money from my 4 which will all help. xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:11 pm
I had no presents - I really didn't want to mark the occasion at all! I did have a bottle of wine, a cake and the table decorated courtesy of the hotel.

Different from my 40th when I had a big party at home!
Bob Marley.

antm

Post by antm » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:27 pm
When i finish my iva, its new zealand for me, probably take a year to save but will be well worth it, some serious fun to be had and 18 months to go until i can start saving!!
Last edited by antm on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:31 pm
Great to have a goal and one that will drive you to the finish!

We can't decide on our dream trip.. ranges from New Zealand, Canada, The Inca Trail...or my fave a re-visit to Las Vegas! [:D]
24 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”