Transfer to CreditFix

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Jo15
by Jo15 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:29 am
Good morning,
I am new here and looking for some advice please.
I have had an IVA with Knightsbridge since November 2015. I have been continually pleased them and they have been helpful when I have had questions.
I had a letter a few months ago advising me that my case would be transferred to CreditFix. There was no explantion why, it just stated that there would be no changes and my payments should continue to the same account. So I have just carried on as I was. I would have preferred to remain with Knightsbridge for the duration of the IVA.
I am a little concerned that my file could be transferred to another company without my consent. I have not had any reason to contact CreditFix yet but I have not heard any positive feedback which is worrying me.
I am also concerned that CreditFix's introductory letter says that I need to provide my internet banking log in details to complete the I&E review which makes me feel uneasy as I am certain these should not be given to anyone.
Is it normal for my case to be transferred? does anybody know if I can provide good old fashioned paper bank statements for my I&E review?
Thanks in advance
Jo
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:43 pm
Hi Jo. I am afraid it is becoming increasingly common for cases to be transferred as the smaller, independent firms reduce their workload or they vary or cease certain avenues of work. The insolvency regulations allow for such transfers to ensure the IVA's continue.

You do not have to agree to any changes in terms that Creditfix might offer you, nor do you have to give them third party access rights to your bank account. They will accept old fashioned paper copies. They might bluff and bluster but you are in charge, not them -- they are supervisors only.
Jo15
by Jo15 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:33 pm
Foggy wrote:
Hi Jo. I am afraid it is becoming increasingly common for cases to be transferred as the smaller, independent firms reduce their workload or they vary or cease certain avenues of work. The insolvency regulations allow for such transfers to ensure the IVA's continue.

You do not have to agree to any changes in terms that Creditfix might offer you, nor do you have to give them third party access rights to your bank account. They will accept old fashioned paper copies. They might bluff and bluster but you are in charge, not them -- they are supervisors only.

Thank you Foggy.
this is reassuring and i really appreciate your help.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:59 pm
I agree - do not agree to anything you are not happy with. Stick to your original agreement with Knigntsbridge.
Jo15
by Jo15 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:02 pm
kallis3 wrote:
I agree - do not agree to anything you are not happy with. Stick to your original agreement with Knigntsbridge.

thank you Kallis
I appreciate this. I will certainly stick to what I have already agreed to now that I know. I'm really glad I asked.
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:02 pm
My case was transferred with a bulk load of others a few years ago.
been running ok. never agreed to any of their changes and they back down quick when challenged.
Stick to your guns and do not agree to anything you arent happy with.
I would never give anyone my online banking details! never ever ever! They do not need to know them. They have no rights to knkw them and pretty sure banks would have an issue with them requesting them.
Know your T&Cs like the back of your hand and dont be bluffed or conned into anything youre not happy with.
Jo15
by Jo15 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:09 pm
abbiesmum2003 wrote:
My case was transferred with a bulk load of others a few years ago.
been running ok. never agreed to any of their changes and they back down quick when challenged.
Stick to your guns and do not agree to anything you arent happy with.
I would never give anyone my online banking details! never ever ever! They do not need to know them. They have no rights to knkw them and pretty sure banks would have an issue with them requesting them.
Know your T&Cs like the back of your hand and dont be bluffed or conned into anything youre not happy with.

Thanks abbiesmum. I agree, i’m Really not comfy giving my banking log in details and I think it’s strange they even asked for them.
I will have a study of my t&c’s. Everyone here is great and i’m so grateful for the advice and support. It’s reassuring i’m not alone.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:50 am
I would continue to send in paper ones - you can strike out anything you don't want them to see.
Jo15
by Jo15 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:01 am
kallis3 wrote:
I would continue to send in paper ones - you can strike out anything you don't want them to see.

I certainly will do. Thank you again Kallis
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”