Undeclared bonus in IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Fran.22
by Fran.22 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 am
Dear experts, I have only 5 payments left on my IVA. I never missed one single payment. I have not declared one bonus which I received about 1 year ago. So now I need to provide my P60 which will show a difference of about £1,200.00 so more or less I should had paid £600.00 into the IVA. However, this was a genuine mistake. Before the month I got paid the bonus I got also another bonus which I paid accordingly and was much more than £600.00. Then the next month my company paid another bonus which really I did not realise as I get paid direct to my bank account and my payslip is received vial email. Basically I never noticed as the amount was not a huge amount. Please note that I never failed to declare and pay any bonus during my IVA, which was about over 20 payments and I can prove as I kept every single payslip showing bonus that I paid into the IVA. I want to tell my case officer but I am afraid he will not believe me and my IVA only with 5 payments left will now fail. Actually I just found out about this bonus because it was discussed between my colleagues at work about past bonus structures etc . Please advise, thank you.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:48 am
Tell your case worker exactly what you have told us. It is far better if you discover and divulge a mistake than if they do !
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”