It does go to show though that ultimately it is the creditors decision as to whether to accept or not, so for anyone thinking of entering into an IVA it is essential that they speak to more than one firm to get a feel of what is right for them. It is also a good indication of why paying upfront fees for an IVA is not really a good idea, save for those firms which will refund in the event of rejection, as that money which will be lost in the event of rejection could have been put to better use.
No one expects a creditor to be 'happy' at not having a debt fully re-paid , but this looks to be a case of cutting off the nose etc.
If Melanie and her team can't reverse the decision , I doubt anyone can.
At least you can move forward.
Good luck to you and your better half.
Who is onlineUsers browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests
Ask the IVA Experts a QuestionSimply complete form and you will get an answer from our IVA Experts (multiple replies within an hour *)
* Any use of this forum is conditional on you having read and agreed to our terms and conditions.
* If you enter your phone number, Vincent Bond and Co Ltd will give you a courtesy call to ensure that your question has been answered.
* The question will be posted on our forum, we will email you the location