Used wrong bank account on a purchase ....

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
rachel270
by rachel270 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:52 pm
Hello everyone.
I've been following this page every day since I decided to take out an IVA. I'm waiting for my draft proposal right now
I bought a new bag for my son on Amazon the other day but accidentally used my old bank account (Barclays) who the majority of my credit is with. I haven't used that account in weeks so i'm kicking myself but it was still set up as my main account on Amazon! when I decided to go for an IVA I stopped using it and opened a new account with a new bank.
anyway..... my question is that will my IVA get rejected because i spent £13 on my old bank account, which was a complete accident?
forgive me if i sound silly. I'm hoping i'm worrying over nothing!
any help appreciated :)
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:08 pm
Hi,

I am sure you will be ok. You could mention it to your IP and make sure you change your card details on Amazon - have you opened a new account?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:11 pm
I doubt the world will stop turning for £13.
rachel270
by rachel270 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:14 pm
kallis3 wrote:
Hi,

I am sure you will be ok. You could mention it to your IP and make sure you change your card details on Amazon - have you opened a new account?

Thanks Kallis :)

I changed my bank as soon as I decided to go for the IVA so about a month ago, cancelled all DD's from my old bank and now use my new bank for everything, just forgot this! oops.
I have changed the details on Amazon now so nothing else will come from that account. It was a really small amount though, not like I went and got a £500 holiday lol.

I am just so nervous about being accepted for the IVA, I have never defaulted on payments until this month and am now being chased which is scary. Just praying that it goes through otherwise I feel I'll be up the creek
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:44 pm
You should be fine!!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”